Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
Tyne & Wear
Went to bed at normal time but couldn't sleep so I sat up doing my soduko, while holding my Nintendo I noticed that the tips of my fingers were burning. Thought it was because I was holding something, woke up this morning and they burn like hell. Can anyone tell me if this is part of fibro? Or do I have yet another condition. Not experienced these before so I'm hoping that someone can help.
Also woke up with pains in my stomach don't know if related as I do get IBS.

ragpuss, i too get those and in my whole hand. if i hold my tablet to long i get that in the bend of my arm too. most days its in my wrist for many years now. mine burns on the inside of the skin. it was happening to me one night at a poker tournament. a EMS trainer asked me about it as he could see the pain in my face. go figure huh..lol so he told me this. the burn is from the nerve rubbing on the backside of the skin. asked what i can do? he said nothing that he knows of. so i just suffer from it. it does stop after a while. its also related to stress. im sure like my son your going to tell me how Nintendo relaxes you. your brain is sending messages to your hand and fingers thru the nerves. in your case an ungodly number of times.

now i just saw a post from a friend, that is in the "fibromyalga and ptsd" thread. it stated that doctors found a high number of sensory fibers in the blood vessels. this maybe causing your problem. nothing they can do about it. now im not a doctor and it if continues through the day. call your doctor.

Ragpuss,

Yikes and so sorry you had a rough night. I have tried two things when that happens to me. Ice and hot water. Ice helps me most and this is why: it refocuses the pain because my nerves are now paying attention to the cold and that is what it sends to the brain. I know this next one will sound a bit strange but it has helped me. I breath in the scent of lavender. Again, this is used to refocus my brain on something beside what is happening to my hands. I see a person for Eastern medicine and he has suggested these things and they have worked for me. I was told it is all about refocusing your brain pain center.

As far as what you are doing when you are not sleeping, I do not play games on the tv or use a computer if I am trying to get sleepy. There is study after study that shows that will stimulate your brain and not make you sleepy. Reading, listening to calm music, etc.

I hope you find some relief. Hugs!

Thanks for putting my mind at rest to an extent, In a way I was hoping it was part of my fibro, my husband was looking up my symptoms on the Internet and his convinced that it's Lupus.
I did try holding something cold but my fingers felt worse, just like frost bit so I didn't try it again I just waited until it went. If I press my fingers the pain returns but only for a short time I think cmetryme your right, holding an object for too is the course. This is all so typical as I love doing things using my hands.

My hands go dead if I hold my tablet to long , so I wouldn't worry to much .

Ragpuss, your husband went to doctor google and he's convinced its lupus. Lol. I have lupus and I didn't think it was lupus. Do you have a butterfly rash? Now I'm a lucky one when it comes to lupus. Lupus affects the organs. I have it in my skin, the largest organ we have. So this means I'm not going to die from it, I'm just going to suffer in pain the rest of my life from it. If it were in another organ your time would be limited.

Lupus is your immune system attacking your body.
It thinks there is something wrong in the organ. Now the body will begin to heal the organ and won't stop until the organ dies.
Say you have a cut on your hand. You first get a scab, to seal off the body from more damage. You notice around the cut is all red.now the bodys healing process is beging killing the cells around the cut. So it won't spread throughout the body. It puts puss around it to seal the area too. Once the body feels the cells have died it stops killing it. Then it let's the blood cell do the rest of the healing. The skin closes and the scab falls off. Then its all back to normal.
Now with lupus, when the body was killing the cells around the cut and it stopped to let the blood cells work? Well our immune system doesn't stop killing the cells. Until its dead. In my case, it won't stop until I get a new pimple or sun burn or skin related problem. Then it stops kilIing there and moves to the new spot. I hope this helps your husband understand lupus. Have him continue consulting Dr google for a different answer before he says your dieing.
Good luck and do research, and make informed decision's about your illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back