Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
CA
State
AB
HI to you all, I am new to the site but not the dreaded fibro.
Lately I have been having bladder problems.. I always have the usual bladder problems when coughing, laughing that sort of thing.
This time is different I seem to get up and the next thing I know I have urine leaking down my leg. No feeling like I have to go or nothing. This has been happening more frequently like when I'm sitting, standing or even out of the house walking.? What the heck!

I was wondering if any of you have had this issue. It is not like I have to go or anything and I cannot stop it. Also when I do sit down to go pee , it is like I have to strain to get the flow going..

Just looking for anyone who has had this issue and what the outcome was. Should I be more forceful with my doc or is this another symptom? Thanks:p

I've had this issue MORE than ever in the last year, and I'm 76 so I connect it to older age and parts just wearing down and out. There are exercises we can do, I do the keegle often and doing it right now. Often certain PT's can address this issue too and advise exercises and there are exercises online I'm sure.

Depends are a big business, but we can do our WORK. J

I doubt this is a fibro issue. It sounds more like stress incontinence. You should ask your doc to do a urine test and culture to make sure there are no issues there and refer you to a urologist since you are also straining to pee. I just went to a urologist due to this and other issues: I have problems with leaking when I sneeze suddenly or run water to do the dishes, feel like I have to pee ALL the time and have started having occasional nighttime incontinence. I'm up for a bunch more test since there are kidney and bladder diseases in my family. In the meantime, I keep doing my Kegel exercises. I thought I had given up pads at menopause, but I do wear them when I am out and about. There are meds for stress incontinence, but I don't need anything else dumped in my system. Keeping older is only for the strong!

This could be a symptom of fibro: here is why i say this. what got me to even GO to the doc was the fact that i was having bladder issues. It was also an all or nothing situation---then slowly turned into back pain with an indecisive bladder. I went to a urologist and got tested for Interstitial Cystitis, thankfully that's not what it is, but it often goes hand in hand with fibro. I kinda wish it wouldn't have been IC now that I think about it, there is a USEFUL, LEGAL treatment for that....hahaha

amtrying,
Hello and welcome to the forum. I agree with Loftpat, and think you should be checked by a urologist. I had testing done and ended up having Interstitial
Cytitis, but this does not cause urine loss. It is inflamnation of the lining of the bladder. But as we get older the muscles that help to control bladder leakage get weaker and then suddenly we have urine running down our legs.

I would suggest you buy some pull-ups to wear or use poise pads. Both are very comfortable and do not show under clothing. I have worn the pull-up type at different times and find them to do the job and catch all the urine. Poise pads will also do that job. Even the store brands from pharmacies to a great job.
But please see a doctor soon and it it check out.

Remember not all health problems are related or caused by fibro. Having fibro, does not mean you can not develop other health conditions. when new symptoms arise always see your doctor first before you self-diagnosis your condition!

Hope you visit often and ask more questions. :)

I too was having that issue. My doctor put me on Oxybutrin twice a day and it helps some but if I wait to long to go nothing will stop the onslaught of urine.

Thank you all, I will have to make an appt. with the doc this week to get this all checked out. I am having a lot of back and hip pain. Why I am just a mess. LOL Really appreciate the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back