Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Iowa
These are for everyone so more answers the better just so I can get an idea since fibro can be so different for everyone.

First I seem to be in the process of being diagnosed, although every doctor keeps saying it sounds like fibro and everything else is being ruled out.

So here's the list;

blue hands (portions of the hands) when cold? (Raynaud's phenomenon)
Purple lacing/mottling under the skin (livedo reticularis)
Uncontrollable shaking of the hands under light use

These are really the only ones I've not found in common with fibro which is why I'm asking. The plethora of other symptoms I will spare you from. The last two happen all the time. The blue hands thing has stopped since spring came around, and even during winter it only happened around three times.

Anyone who has had these, even just one of these would be so helpful to know about.

One more question, how long does everyone's flare-ups last for on average?

My hands shake when I'm stressed .but I do have ET.but I no a lot of ppl here drop things because of there hands .
A flare can last a few days a few weeks or a few months.
A flare for me lasts a few days. To a few weeks. Everyone is different .

I don't know what ET is, but I'm sorry you have it. I've dealt with a lot of the "dropsies" especially when this first started, I've learned to kind of, compensate? for it for the most part. The tremors in my hands aren't violent but its enough that I end up sitting on them until it stops and I can't do anything until it does.

Thank you so much for the response, and for the information first hand on flare ups. Day three and my legs are still complaining from a mistake I made but its getting better each day just not as good as I would like. Unfortunately with all the storms coming in its hard to say if it is from the weather or over exertion a few days ago.

ET is essental tremors.x

Blue hands ? I personally haven't heard that one. I've had red hands, sweating, more than normal. Sincerly hope everything comes around for you.

Before I was diagnosed with firbro and before I stopped working, my hands and sometimes my whole body would shake after just a little exertion. I had a hard time hiding it especially when I would pick up a glass. I have to hold it with both hands. Very frustrating!

Re: Just a couple fibro questions.c

Hi Sunny,

I have these symptoms.

(Please bare with me, message is VERY long.)

I'm new here too. I have not been diagnosed yet, (going to doc's July 27th) but I have had many classic symptoms of fibromyalgia since I was a teen but apparently Fibromyalgia was less know back then (I'm in my forties now), and just learned to live with the daily pains and the fatigue since then.

But about 3 years ago, I had a sudden dramatic (and scary) bout of what seems to be livedo reticularis: my inner forearms became extremely mottled in purple vessels. It lasted only a few minutes. Then, a few months after, it happened to my thighs. I became very scared and kept asking my son and husband if they were seeing the same thing I was seeing, and got "yes, but your legs have always been pale". Last summer, it happened so often and dramatically that it almost ruined my vacation as I became convinced something was terribly wrong with me. I showed my GP a couple months back, and she was totally non-concerned, saying it looked like small red varicose veins. Yes, but minuscule varicose veins that come on so suddenly? And all-over my legs? And then that go away only to come back if I'm cold or nervous?

As for Raynaud's, I've never been diagnosed (same Doc), since I was a teen, the tips (the pads) of my fingers go white when I touch something cold, not necessarily freezing, but just cold from the fridge, like when I prepare a salad or something, and it hurts. Also, and especially lately, the tip of my nose is more often than not, extremely cold. It's so annoying. And my feet get deadly white patches and they hurt if I walk on something less than warm. My mother has been diagnosed, and I hear it's hereditary. She also has pain episodes, never been diagnosed with fibro though.

And the kicker: lately, I noticed my left thumb nail turns blue/purple if I'm cold, stressed and/or hungry. At the same time, my hands both get cold, but only a bit darker in color, not blanched.

I hate this, and I'm scared. But am a bit calmer since I found on the net that other people with fibro have Raynaud's and livedo reticularis. And that with Raynaud, your fingers can turn blue or purple without necessarily going throught the deathly white phase. Ugh.

I just wanted you to know that I have pretty much the same symptoms.

I hate when you tell other people the physical symptoms you have and they downplay things. That's why I came to this board. I hope I can help, and be helped. It's really not fun to go through physical pain on a daily basis, and have weird symptoms, and have people, even people you thought were friends, not take you seriously, or act as if you're imagining things.

I'm so sorry I got off track there...

I hope my reply helped you, nonetheless.

Sorry, me again, I forgot to write that not only my hands shake sometimes, but I also feel my muscles are tight, and they twitch. Especially if I have alot of pain, am stressed or hungry,

Also, the flares usually last a couple days only, but sometimes I've had them a few weeks...

For me, the fibro pain is always worst in my hands and wrists. I sometimes tremors in my hands, usually when they are overtired or really hurting. I think stress makes it worse too. The tremors have only been slight and I don't usually notice them unless I am holding something long, like a pencil or a fork. Sometimes I drop things but I don't think that is because of tremors. I had never heard of livedo reticularis - I had to go look it up (making today a good day because I learned something new :) ). My hands occasionally look like that, but it usually doesn't last long. I sometimes get edema like swelling in my hands too.

I was only diagnosed in May, so it is a little soon for me to be certain how long my flares last. I think it is probably a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back