Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
GR
State
ATTIKI
what's your opinion about amitriptiline? any side effects? my doc recommented to change cymbalta with amitriptyline, but I' afraid . It is an old medicine.

I'm on it. Sure it's old but it really helps me sleep. U can feel hung over for a few days until your used to it. But if u take it around 8 at night u sleep most of it off.i didn't think it was doing much until I came off it .omg I nearly died . So yes Id have to say it does help a lot x

Amitriptyline was the first med I was put on. It didn't help me to sleep better and made me feel dizzy most of the time.

It's been recommended to me but my bad experience with Cymbalta has kept me from trying it. Anyone else have anything to say about it?

At the end of the day u have to try it yourself, I think it's the only way to no.yes it makes u sleepy but it don't last forever.

i agree with dizzy. It worked like magic, increase serotonin and knocked you down in t bed. Unfortunately it make me dizzy in t office, increase fatigue level *this one i hate t most* and decrease sex drive which is already low in fibro.

I take amitriptyline, they really help me to sleep, but i started taking the cymbalta, and they did nothing for me, so stopped taking them

I have tried pretty much every drug used for Fibro. For me Cymbalta has worked the best. Everyone handles these meds differently. The others either made me dizzy or perspire profusely.

Debs im glad u brought that up. I sweat like a pig in hot weather I never used to, I put it down to being bigger.but maybe it's the meds.

Try it you should know immediately. I had been suffering insomnia for years, my Dr. Could visibly see I was dragging. I will put up with sweat if it means a good deal of sleep
For myself I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm on 100 mg a day..

Kaz? Did you try the Cymbalta for very long? Because they say it could take 3 to 4 months to feel the difference. I'm on both too .

I'm bigger too. And thought the same thing, one Male Dr. Said it was problem hormones, well no because I had a hysterectomy 18 yrs ago, I don't have any hormones.

Is it possible to use both of them? is amitriptiline dangerous for the heart ? hos long are u taking 100 mg Moe ?

It's been recommended to me but my bad experience with Cymbalta has kept me from trying it. Anyone else have anything to say about it?

what was ur experience from cymbalta?

Try it you should know immediately. I had been suffering insomnia for years, my Dr. Could visibly see I was dragging. I will put up with sweat if it means a good deal of sleep
For myself I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm on 100 mg a day..

100 mg at nigth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back