Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
Arkansas
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia by a rheumatologist who has been adamant about ignoring all my other symptoms. At the moment I'm having a flare of some sort, which includes extreme exhaustion, pain, migraines, breathing trouble, loosing my hair, rashes and brain fog, just naming a few problems. Friday night I encountered a new issue: My legs are giving out on me. It started with just weakness but it's progressed into the random dropping. Friday it was one time, Monday night 5, Tuesday 3 and I've honestly lost count today it's been so many times. I went to the Dr Tuesday and they set me up to see a neurologist Friday. I can't help but wonder if this has to do with my fibromyalgia or if it's something else. My mom has ms so I'm even more worried. Has anyone else dealt with it? Is it normal for fibromyalgia?

Yes sara. I have that leg weakness for a while then it progress into cramping/burning/pin/needles from low back hip ankle through fingers. When i was sleep. It jump continously . Feel heavy. I must take hot bath before i go to bed. It ease the symptom.

Hi there. Many of those symptoms do come with fibromyalgia. I've had all these and more at some point, except hair loss. Not sure what you mean by random dropping, but I have weakness and tingling in my legs, which sometimes leads to falling or stumbling. It's good that you are seeing a neurologist, however, since some of the symptoms could be other things. That's the trouble with fibro. Too many symptoms which can make you blame everything on it, even when you shouldn't.

Its a little hard to explain, if I try to walk my legs suddenly feel like they can't hold my weight anymore and I just drop to the ground. It's still happening today, it's actually at a point where it's worse than its been all week. My left knee now has a very sharp pain in it, which the pain in that knee has happened at least three other times and had ended with me on the floor but the pain came after now four days of dropping- and then Friday, so I guess really 5 days.

My knee gives out and I almost fall for as long as I can remember my whole life. Brain fog is horrible. I can't do math, remember words, and even confusion of getting lost on my own street. I can't tell if my hair is coming out or is breaking. But, yes, you should probably get tested for other things to be safe. I would assume they would give you an MRI at least since your mom has ms.

Hello all!

I to experience my legs start shaking and i fall to the ground.
this has happened to me three times. i have broken my rib all three times as i have landed on my arm.

First i would like to advise you to always have a cell phone with you at all times as this thing happens without any warning.

as this is happening to you, carry a cane and dont use it unless you have to.

I went to both my GP and my pain mgt doctors for just this. here is what they both told me.

Your body is almost like spamming while you sleep. the muscles are working over time sending mgs to the brain.
after time the muscles get over worked and they will give out on you. they gave me muscles relaxers and after a few months that has helped me
to reduce those pains and the dropping to the ground. i now only use them as needed. when your sleeping you have no idea that this is happening.
you just feel stiff in the morning and sore like you been hit by a train.

Talk to your doctor and get help with it.

Dont be like CME and break your rib 3 times before getting help. there is nothing they can do to fix the rib.
even the morphine dont stop that rib pain.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia by a rheumatologist who has been adamant about ignoring all my other symptoms. At the moment I'm having a flare of some sort, which includes extreme exhaustion, pain, migraines, breathing trouble, loosing my hair, rashes and brain fog, just naming a few problems. Friday night I encountered a new issue: My legs are giving out on me. It started with just weakness but it's progressed into the random dropping. Friday it was one time, Monday night 5, Tuesday 3 and I've honestly lost count today it's been so many times. I went to the Dr Tuesday and they set me up to see a neurologist Friday. I can't help but wonder if this has to do with my fibromyalgia or if it's something else. My mom has ms so I'm even more worried. Has anyone else dealt with it? Is it normal for fibromyalgia?

Man, no wonder u r a hot mess. I would check w mr doctor about lupus only cause of the migranes and hair coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back