Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
I am 3 weeks out from having my left shoulder totally replaced and I must admit I am terrified. I have been trying to do things with one hand and find that it is almost totally impossible for me to do so. I am so scared I am starting to shut down, physically, mentally and emotionally. I sleep all the time and I don't care about anything. My husband is getting irritated with me because whenever he asks me a question I always give him the same answer "I don't care. I am overweight so the fact that I am eating very little isn't really a problem but I am just not hungry anymore. I force myself to eat so my husband won't nag at me. We are both retired and he wants to eat 3 meals a day and I just can't do that. In fact, I don't even get up in time for breakfast so we usually just have 2 meals a day but I would be happy with with one. I'm sure all this stress isn't good for my fibro and other health problems but I don't know how to stop obsessing about it. Has anybody ever had this done and if so how did you manage? My husband will be here to help me but I am sure his patience will run very thin with me. Any advice or encouragement would be appreciated.

I would be terrified without fibromyalgia! Just keep thinking good thoughts about how much better you will feel when everything is healed. :)

Hi Krista, I don't have any personal experience with this, but I remember a few months ago loftpat and PattiD each started a thread about surgery and pain that might be helpful to you.

When I am really worried about something, sometimes it helps me to write it down. Something about doing that helps me let it go.

Getemgirl has good advice - try to focus on the positive.

Welcome. Both post above are spot on. I've not had what u have had but I have had both knees done.with fibro.
It's very normal to come crashing down after an op.its only been three weeks.talk to your dr maybe a short course of a it Depresents may help you.
If your on them he may up them for a month or two.
Don't be so hard on yourself as we get older it's takes a lot longer to heal.
Thinking I don't care has a knock on affect of making you not care. And making your hubby down to.start planning to go somewhere in a few weeks even if it's just a garden centre ,make plans like u would do .and feel free to vent here we do understand.x

Do you have anyone, church? Family that could drop in and help you once in a while? You may even qualify for in home care for a short period of time, you might qualify for in home physical therapy. Hope that was helpful. I know i need someone to come in and help with housecleaning. The world needs more angels. One came to my house, she was, my son's girlfriend, she had little ones and, really cleaned my house, i smiled for a month, she's gone now, and the house is starting to engulf me again. All i can do is (try ) not to blame myself. I was raised spotless, my husband was too, the diffrence between the 2 of us is......he has rebelled against housework from day 1, he must of got beat with a broom. Tata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back