Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2010
Country
US
State
Ca
Hello, I am new to this forum I am 25 years old, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia almost 6 years ago. My symptoms are severe everyday seems like my pain meds help a little but not enough for me to be able to live my life. I have worked jobs before and would eventually have to quit due to my extreme pain everyday, I can kinda deal with the fatigue at times but pushing through extreme pain everyday is unbearable. Im very very angry with life at the moment my fibromyalgia has effected almost everything in my life. Its hard enough dealing with the depression & pain everyday then you get people who just don't understand and I get very angry & end up leaving them Im already suffering enough. I know im not alone with dealing with this. Not being able to function in life is very depressing.

I know how you feel about being in pain all of the time. I feel so sad that you got struck with fibro at such a young age. I am 60 and didn't develop fibro until I was in my late 50's so I am lucky in that respect. But no matter what age the pain and depression can be unbearable at times. I am scheduled to have a total shoulder replacement next week and am scared to death. Between the pain of that and all of the other health problems I have going on I am afraid I may have a nervous breakdown. I try to tell myself that I have been through much worse in my 60 years but so far it isn't working. All I can say is this too shall pass. I wish you good luck and hope things get better for you soon.

Welcome . Yes I was just saying a few days ago to family how hard it is to no I should be at the peek of my prime right now. Instead on this pain ridden mess of a body I have.i to get angry at my body.

Devilstompa I too know how you feel! Are you able to apply for medical marijuana ? And also have you looked into cbd oil? It is hash oil that has no thc in it. You don't get the high from it because it has no thc in it. It is legal in IL. I have had Fibro for 10 years and I am 48. I can't imagine having in at such a young age! I hope you get some relief from all of your pain. Hang in there and do all the research you can on the medicines and any kind of therapy that helps. And a good doctor is really important and that is really hard to find Thanks

I haven't really researched on CBD. What are the benefits of it ?

I can empathize with the anger. I'm 32 and I have had this since I was a kid. Yet people who don't understand tell me all the time "You are too young to be this sick." Or you're too young to have that much pain/not to be able to do this or that etc... Which I get they are trying to be kind but that just makes me feel even worse about the whole thing - I wish I knew what it was like to be pain free for a day.

Hope you find something that helps more with the pain and depression.

Hi you are younger than me but i too get angry. I didn't used to...i was more upset and depressed when i first got it but came to terms and made the best of things.... lately due to a big down turn in health pain and quality of life caused by lots of stressful events and pressure I am angry too as it was hard enough before. I hope you find some relieif soon.

Yes I can relate to you..I had fibro when I was very young..14..but doctors never diagnosed me with it until I was in my early 30s. Tramadol and muscle relaxers and anbien is how I halfway get through this. Ive veen approved for the mj card so cant wait to see if it helps. I hear aloe juice is really good for us.Going to try that too. Fibro is so frustrating trying to understand it. Even after all these years on the rare day I wake up feeling great I never know what I did or didnt do that made me feel so great. Hang in there.

I actually bought some CBD eliquid from my vape shop in town recently Its only about 15% CBD so a low amount. Have been using it and I have to say it actually helps a little bit for me. Going to be doing some more research on CBD Products
Thank you for the message on CBD

Devilstompa I too know how you feel! Are you able to apply for medical marijuana ? And also have you looked into cbd oil? It is hash oil that has no thc in it. You don't get the high from it because it has no thc in it. It is legal in IL. I have had Fibro for 10 years and I am 48. I can't imagine having in at such a young age! I hope you get some relief from all of your pain. Hang in there and do all the research you can on the medicines and any kind of therapy that helps. And a good doctor is really important and that is really hard to find Thanks

I actually bought some CBD eliquid from my vape shop in town recently Its only about 15% CBD so a low amount. Have been using it and I have to say it actually helps a little bit for me. Going to be doing some more research on CBD Products
Thank you for the message on CBD

It is very depressing, which is one thing some drs will script is cymbalta, watch for side effects. I was told for a yr it would help my pain, I took it because well, there the drs. Gained 40 lbs. Cheery right?

CBD oil is good for inflammation, anxiety and really helped with my hot flashes. I just started using a stronger oil it is called Green Roads it is out of FL although I am in IL and they are selling it here! It does give me some relief! I still take pain meds along with it!

it's very frustrating to live this way, and yes, the anger gets me down too. and the depression. and the RA. and people telling me it'll get better soon. ("what part of chronic was confusing to you?"). but the support groups help, and like someone else mentioned, medical marijuana does help some too.

I am looking for other ways to relieve my chronic pain because doctors wont prescribe my tramadol
Isn't that what doctor's are suppose to do is prescribe meds that help you. Tramadol doesn't help enough to live my life but without it I wouldn't be able to leave the house or drive because the pain is that severe. I actually had one doctor tell me to just take Aleve or Tylenol obviously they don't understand.

Devilstompa,
I'd say its time to find a new doctor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back