Status
Not open for further replies.
it's very frustrating to live this way, and yes, the anger gets me down too. and the depression. and the RA. and people telling me it'll get better soon. ("what part of chronic was confusing to you?"). but the support groups help, and like someone else mentioned, medical marijuana does help some too.

Ugh, YES. Then when someone tells me "I hope you feel better soon" etc I feel like a jerk if I'm like well - there is no cure so it might be awhile.

Or if they tell me they are sorry I have deal with this or I'm too young to have this much pain - well I've had it since I was a kid so it is pretty much all I know, I'm use to the pain so just please understand I will move slower but that I will be "fine".

I am 29 have had this since a child diagnosed 2yrs ago I have literally given up on my rhuem and every anti epileptic meds there trying to test out. I'm not their lab rat! So yea I know how you feel about being angry. I have to toddlers that I feel so bad for because I can't do the things "normal" moms can do. I push through my days and by night time I crash so hard I don't want to wake up in the morning.

I am 29 have had this since a child diagnosed 2yrs ago I have literally given up on my rhuem and every anti epileptic meds there trying to test out. I'm not their lab rat! So yea I know how you feel about being angry. I have to toddlers that I feel so bad for because I can't do the things "normal" moms can do. I push through my days and by night time I crash so hard I don't want to wake up in the morning.

Agreed, Sometimes I feel like I'm not being a "good mom" because Netflix or a game on my phone is the most entertainment I can give her for the day when the pain is so bad I feel like I can't breath.

Are you able to set up a play date and give yourself a break? The bright side is that your daughter will most likely develop great compassion for others and also kindness and unconditional love.
Get help from family and friends. I was recently told by a friend that that's what they're there for.

I'm going to be seeing a new doctor soon.

Devilstompa, Is this a new rheumatologist you'll be seeing?

Let us know how your visit goes :)

Devilstompa,
Tell the dr your symptoms, wait for him to suggest going to a rheumatologist and if he doesn't suggest it, then you should. Let him know that you would like a referral to a rheumatologist. He should be cool with that.

The doctor visit went good I am going to be trying gabapentin this is almost the first time a doctor took the time to listen to me and understand a bit. Ive only had one other doctor do that before. I will post the results and see if the gabapentin works for me.

Good news your appointment went well. I really hope the medication helps you. Let us know.

Devilstompa,
So happy you have a doctor who listens to you! That's so important, as you already know. I take 300mg gabapentin to hopefully knock out the pain so I can sleep. Those are for those days or nights when the pain for me is over the top. Besides that, I take 600mg Gralise ER (which is just extended release gabapentin). I hope it works for you. You may find that you need to add cymbalta, celebrex or something like that.
Best wishes!

devilstompa, look into tramadol closely. i can't take it because it makes me nauseaous as hell, and to add that onto my pretty chronic nausea these days is a little much. but i've read several negative articles about tramadol of late. l When the 'safe option' painkiller turns out to be lethal. i took vioxx a long time back for an injury; so thrilled to learn it was so dangerous. perhaps a doctor who will discuss "green" option.

Link not allowed do a web search.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone I am currently taking the gabapentin and I will say it does work I haven't had anything work in years nice that something helps with the pain a bit.

Hurray Devilstompa! I'm happy for you.

Cheers to a pain-free day/night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back