Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
US
State
Tennessee
:cry::cry: Hi this is my first time ever using a forum of any kind please be kind. I am at my end I was told 5 years ago when I just had minor aches and pains in what they said was pinpoint places by many doctors and after many test it was fibro...I have been in denial... I'm not any longer.. as the years have gone by the pain is just getting unbearable at times... the mornings are the worst...I can hardly walk, all over body pain and I do mean all over. Just in the last few months pain has started in my legs and soles of my feet to where I can hardly take a step. There seems there is never a minute in the day that by what I'm not in pain somewhere on my body. It is easier for me to list the areas that don't hurt then those that do because there is nowhere. I am crazy or is there others out there. I cry many times a day with this. My Dr. just recently put me back on hydrocodone and muscle relaxers. He only allows me 25mg. of the pain pill a day and 3 muscle relaxers a day. And believe me this is nowhere near enough to control my pain. We are going to try the fibro approved drugs with this months visit and I scared to death. I have tried the Lyrica and it made me suicidal. But I am ready to try anything because this is no life living like this I am just sick and tired very tired. Well there part of my story!:oops:

i am so sorry you are suffering so much...i too have watched my fibro get progressively worse...i know mine is down to severe stress and upset over personal matters as well as dealing with the pain etc.

i hope you have some success with trying different drugs. We dont use opiates much in the uk....maybe tramadol which is a synthetic opiate might help you and suit you.

Read around the sight and see what others are taking. Ask any more questions or vent if you need to...we all understand. Take CAre

Welcome ,there nothing unusual in what your saying trust me we no how u feel .the trick is coping one day at a time.because u have to.always keep in mind u are not alone.
Always feel free to come here and rant away.we need to.
And don't give up looking for the pain relief u need,most of us here like u can name the bits that don't hurt .your going to find a way .u will have a life x

chronic pain can make us feel so down and alone but I constantly have to remind myself it's not true! I have had very low dark moments when I was diagnosed and unfortunately went through some excruciating times before finding the right "cocktail" of meds , and it sounds like the meds you are on may not be the greatest for side affects or pain relief, more like just masking it for now, I find muscle relaxers make me groggy and give me an awful headache, I'm currently taking a drug called tapentadol which my doctors say is a very "clean" opiate and works on pain receptors and nerve pain, and also has the same effect on the brain as an antidepressant. unlike hydrocodone and tramadol which they refer to as "dirty" , all these effects in one drug I have found a miracle and have tried pretty much every fibro med out there! I also take lyrica, another nerve drug. The antidepressant effect combined with the best pain relief I've found I think this drug has saved me from some days I would be crying in a ball of pain! Don't give up there are so many combos you can try you just have t found what's right for you yet! ������

I am interested in tapentadol Pain jane i have never heard of it.I take cocodamol 30/500 but it does little sometimes nothing for the pain. bsskss and others might find your drug info helpful as we are all concerned about side affects and i only mentioned tramadol as i have seen lots of people on here use it with success not fro personal use.

Hi willow , I have been to pain management so many times and thought I had tried everything and was losing hope as my usual tramadol and lyrica duo was not working so well any more, then the pain doc whips out a chart of fibro drugs with tapentadol near the top for pain relief, beyond it is fentanyl, morphine and zomorph, all the super strong opiates. I told her I never heard of this drug before, she said it's not often prescribed as it can be addictive and costs so much gps aren't encouraged to give it out, I'm taking the slow release tablets which give me pain relief all day, and night. I started at 50mg in the morning and 50 at night and am now on 150mg am and pm which is the most I can tolerate without side effects but the maximum dose is 600mg per day if I really need it. I had a few horrific days of side effects, stomach ache, nausea, cold sweats, but I switched from tramadol so may well have been suffering withdrawal symptoms. I no longer have side effects and have stopped taking any muscle relaxers and an titrating down my lyrica dose as the tapentadol is that good. The brand is palexia or nucynta if you want to read more about the effect it has on the brain. I'd advise talking to pain management not your GPs as they are much more understanding and they will tell your GPs to give you the stronger stuff!

Coping one day at a time is the key, a long time ago I stopped thinking too much ahead. If you do you will end up feeling depressed, so please don't. You will feel terrible if you do. Finding 3 good things everyday and writing them down in my diary is something that has helped a lot to :) Specially during those days i feel like I am about to have a mental breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back