Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
So Ive had his chesty cough and been stuffed up for weeks.i don't smoke.
I wake up with such a saw throat.and everyone I meet here in the uk seems to have it.
I have a disability asscement Monday .aand I'm dreading it.the job centre its self told me to stop all my meds a day or so before I go.so I shall have horrid withdrawal from the tramadol and I don't even want to think of the pain.
Anyone else in the uk been for one ,

Good luck forgetmenot....if you get a chance read from the website BENEFITS AND WORK over the weekend. I haven't had an assessment myself but i do know lots about it from someone who has. They are trying to catch you out on all things and watch from camera how you walk from the car...how you manage sitting in the waiting room... how you cope with stairs if there are any... .how you conduct yourself during the assessment as they are paid to find reasons for you not to qualify.

I don't say this to scare you just to let you know...if you are in pain say so so that its recorded..take cushions...take medication with you to show them if its appropriate. Dont dress up too much and have your hair all super styled and lots of make up so that they think its easy for you to make the effort when you probably cant on a daily basis as they will be judging on what they see and making these assumptions about your capability.

If you need to get up and stretch because of sitting do so and say why.

Take someone in with you and get someone to drive you there ( i don't know if you can still drive) and don't walk at a faster pace than you would on a bad day....they are watching.

Tell them about your days as if they are your worst as they also need to know that for the majority of the time you cant do or need help to do the things you have told them in the written forms

Don't be too cheerful...sorry to ramble but really they count all these things when measuring pain..including facial expressions and chattiness.

Its hard not to put a brave face on it for an hour like we do for our friends etc but this is one time not to do that...they are a government paid company trying to cut the benefits bill.

However friendly they seem they are not on your side and can only go by how you are and what you tell them on the day.

If you are feeling exhausted and weary during the process tell them and if this is how you are after such outings explain that by the time you get home you will need to rest rest rest and the pain will flare for a long time after.

I hope this helps...good luck and let us know how it goes.x

Last edited:
Ty Hun yes I no not to wear make up or do my hair I shall tell them my mother pinned it back.which she does. I also will walk at a slow peace because I am in pain.but thanks I will remember the waiting room xxx

Oh hope i didnt overstep the mark trying to help. From your post i thought maybe you had no info at all.

Good luck today Forgetmenot

Omg no willow ty for your help xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back