Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Does anyone on this forum take Tramadol for depression purposes? If so, does it help and what MG do you take. I was on Cymbalta which treats depression and fibro but it was working for the depression so he took me off and started me on something new leaving me with nothing to treat the fibro. I had a total shoulder replacement in Oct. of 2015 and when I ran out of Oxycodone the doctor that did the surgery put me of Tramadol for the pain. It seems to help somewhat with the depression but I am on a very low dose. I was wondering if a higher dose might be effective. I haven't been able to discuss this with my PCP because he has been on medical leave since mid December. I have an appointment with him today and plan to bring the subject up. Hopefully he will be willing to increase the dosage and we can get my depression under control.

Hi krista I take tramadol but only for pain relief , I take 50mg x8 daily if required, but to treat depression I don't know , I'm in uk and we tend to use tramadol for pain relief , best ask your doctor, I take fluoxetine for depression and the also helps with the pain, he may prescribe a antidepressant as well as the tramadol, hope thing go okay at doctors for you

Saw the doctor today and he upped my dosage of Tramadol from 50 mg once a day to 3 times a day. It seems to be the only thing I have found that helps with my depression. It helps with the pain that I have from my physical therapy as well so win, win. I am on other depression medications as well and this combination seems to work so hopefully my depression will lessen over time.

I use tramadol . 50 mg 4 times a day if needed, but it's for pain. It doesn't help my depression at all.

Maybe if you are mildly depressed, but it is only pain relief that works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back