Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
CA
State
ON
This has happened twice now to me, where I get the chills like I have a fever but there's no fever. Usually I'm hot but last night I was freezing and had to take a hot bath. Anyone else relate?

Yes, I do have this happen to me. I had this happen and then I developed a really bad kidney infection.

The doctor explained it to me this way...*While chills and fever often come together, they don't necessarily have to. Chills are caused by your body's attempt to burn energy and increase your body temperature. This happens usually when your body is trying to fight off an infection. Thus, chills assist in causing fever, but often arrive first before your body temperature actually goes up. If you felt normal the next morning, then either your chills were not the cause of the infection, or your body may have fought it off. Another cause of just feeling cold include hormonal deficiencies such as hypothyroidism (not having enough thyroid hormone). If you continue to feel cold, you*doctor*can perform a TSH test to measure your thyroid function. Good luck, I hope you stay warm.

Oh, so nice to hear you are feeling better Kasmaflower!

I sometimes have body temperature control issues. Last weekend I kept alternating between too hot and too cold. Sometimes I take a bath to warm up, but then I overheat. Seems like this started after fibro

Yep...I get this all the time. So irritating! Especially considering the energy it takes to take a bath or shower. Shesh! Lol.

Usually I'm always hot. I need a fan on me 24/7 even in cold Canadian winter. But sometimes I get chills to. But not so much. It is really annoying..

I usually take baths because I hardly have the energy to stand up in the shower.

Ha! Welcome my fellow Canadian!!! Cold...no kidding. I find just trying to get down in a tub is the killer. My hubby doesn't mind having to pick me up outta the tub, men! It kills me when he has to and he usually brings me a bottle of scotch first. Hmmmmmm, that hubby of mine...I think he is taking advantage of my fibro fog! Anyways,now, I have a plastic chair in the tub and I turn the shower on. Perfect! I love it, I am wondering why I waited so long.

Nexi, I can get out of the tub alright, my problem is once I'm in the bath I don't want to get out. If I had a hot tub I'd never leave LOL

Haha hahaha. ......... now that I can get on board with. Just thinking about it makes me feel all warm and cozy. Add a bottle of wine and I am set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back