DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1992
Country
US
State
Tx
Hi,
I don't know where to start looking for a doctor who can diagnose and treat FMS. My husband wants me to get a second opinion. We live in the Beaumont/Houston, Texas area. Could anyone recommend someone??

Thanks.

Hi peggysue, I'm not in that area (I'm Dallas area) but I think stating what type doctor you have already seen might help. Have you been to a ruemotologist or neurologist?

Are you're trying to confirm the diagnosis or hoping to find a different cause to you symptoms?

Last edited:
There is a site I have used in the past, it's called ''rateMDs'', you might find a lot useful reviews on there. It seems most of them are legit and very honest. What I love about this site is the fact is not only focused on America or Canada, but the entire world! So yes, also doctors from countries like France are rated here. Check it out! You can search by name or specialties.

The GP should be the first doctor of choice to talk to and should have 3 years of experience after college. They are best placed to assess your problems from a wholistic point of view and can make the necessary referrals to a neurologist or a rheumatologist. Finding the right doc takes homework and these should be able to show a certificate of registration by the relevant authorities. You can find the right doc by browsing on "fibromyalgia doctor database".

Thanks for the tips everyone. The doctor that diagnosed me in the early 90s retired several years ago.

I had the same thing happen to me, PeggySue :( My GP retired a couple years ago, and ever since I've struggled trying to find someone with the same eagerness to help and true interest in its patients :( Funny, but the more I think about finding the right doctor for me, it reminds me of when I was still dating, looking for the one. Now I'm looking for the one doctor that actually beleive in me and helps me, even harder!

Best of luck, i hope you find the right doctor for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back