Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Another big disappointment this past week. I had called my attorney in regards to a question I had. He answered that question and asked me if I had any more questions. I asked him if he had any idea on when I would get my hearing before an ALJ. When we first met last April (2015) he said it would probably be June (2016) but when I talked to him last week it said that it will probably be August or September and then a two month wait to get an answer. I am just so tired of waiting. I want an answer and I want it now. I think the waiting is causing me to be more depressed than ever. I just want to be through with the whole thing whether I win or not I just want it over with. Thanks for listening.

Oh my, I know you just went through having to re-document your misery for them. Sometimes things feel like they may never end but almost all things do come to pass and this is no exception. I truely think the government makes it so hard knowing many will give up or die before they get approved saving millions for the budget that they can't balance (but can supply lavish lifestyles for them). Don't give up, you have the stengh. Just don't let the effort consume you. Do what you have to then forget about it until the next part arrises. Let your attorney do the worrying.

Years ago my mother-in-law gave me a magnet that reads "at night give your troubles to God, he'll be up all night anyway" I know it's not much and it is hard to do, but every piece of relief you can find will help.

Keep your eye on the prize

Thanks for the encouraging words. It's just so hard sometimes to keep your spirits up. It has now been over two years since I first applied and like you said they are hoping I will give up and go away. I personally know a few people who are on it and really don't need to be but that's not for me to judge. They were granted the disability based on something in their medical records so I guess disability feels they have earned it. It's just so hard going through all this waiting knowing I could still be rejected. I think that would be the end of me. I'm afraid I will sink even further into this depression that has got me firmly in it's grip. My lawyer feels strongly that I will win but he isn't the one making the decision. I will try to keep my spirits up. They say all good things come to those who wait and believe me I have been waiting a long time so maybe that good thing will come my way one day soon.

It was about 2 years the first time I tried. I was referred a bad lawyer and also got the worst judge available. Needless to say, I lost. Appealed, and lost again. But, I was able to try again. It was another 2 years or so. But this time I had a great lawyer and ended up with the best judge possible. So for me, it took about 5 years!
It was a complete roller coaster ride. Totally out of your control. All you can think is how you are going to get through this. What will you do if you are not approved. And how it will be if you are approved. It's life changing. The stress can be debilitating. Trust me when I say, you will get through it. Good or bad. It may keep pushing you down while you wait. You know the hearing is coming. It will. (Don't forget the judge can take about 6 weeks after your hearing to provide the decision. sorry)
Hopefully you will stumble upon something that will hold your interest, something creative maybe, to change your focus.

Good luck.

(sorry if I got to heavy)

So sorry for you, I know how hard is to wait for an answer of this kind, because I've gone through something similar. Staying calm and trying to keep one's mind busy is not so easy :( I really can't offer much advice, but I can offer you some words of encouragement and pray for you. I know how awful is to wait and how taxing it can be for someone's mood. Best of luck to you and hope you get your answers soon.

I'm really sorry to hear how bad it is over there for u guys.its just not right .never feel afraid of coming here and venting your heart out anytime.sending long big hugs your way. And I pray you get someone to tell you something soon xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back