Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
I've been having problems for a long time with my heart missing beats or double beats for years. But the last six weeks it's been none stop.
My dr put me on a beta blocker which the chemist wouldn't give me because she said I had asthma .
Two days now I been waiting.it seems that the chemist thinks it could be one of my pills.gabby or Quetiapine,so I have to wait for her to ask the dr.if it is one of these il stop them.but as no one has sent me to hospital to check me out I really don't no .

I deal with palpitations on a daily basis. I have for years. My cardiologist put me on a monitor for a month and said everything was within ok limits. Doesn't feel that way to me though.

Have you had your magnesium and/or potassium levels checked? Low levels can cause heart issues. My magnesium is always very low and that may be my problem. My new doctor is changing it up to see if I can get my level to a normal range.

No I've had no tests. My dr said today he thinks it could be my bi polar med. but I can't stop that ,so I shall have to wait till I see my other dr.
Mean while he has put me on a beta blocker.turns out my grandma was on these for the same thing all her life .she didn't have bi polar.but her heard would beat so hard the chair would rock.
Mine more of a all over the place beat.is nice to know someone else knows what I'm talking about :)

Do you have your vitamin D, magnesium and calcium levels up? Getting low on those can contribute to heart palpitations. I have a friend who was having trouble, and started supplementing with magnesium and it cleared up.

I have palpitations too, but last time I went to the cardiologist she said everything was fine. I haven't come back since then... but lately I have noticed a lot palpitations! Specially ever seen I stopped taking ''Propranolol''. Beta blockers are the devil... I never had blood pressure issues until I stopped taking that medication, now my blood pressure is usually lower than before. I regret taking that med... it made me gain so much weight... I shouldn't have listened to that stupid neurologist.

Beta blockers are usually more helpful for tachycardia than for palpitations. At any rate, I have asthma and am on a beta blocker. My pharmacists check for medication interactions and counter indicated health conditions as well, but have never given me any trouble filling my prescription. Sometimes pharmacists are over zealous though. I wouldn't wait for them to check with the doctor, just go directly to the doctor and ask the questions yourself. If the doctor satisfies your questions suitably have the changes made, or if none are needed find a new pharmacist.

Years ago a neurologist put me on propanolol for chronic migraine. It wasn't working so he kept increasing the dose. I wasn't really happy with the treatment plan, but I had decided to go through the motions to get the neurologist to move on to a different idea (he was really difficult to work with). Then one day I felt really wierd. I thought maybe my blood pressure was too low so I checked it (we have a cuff at work). BP was ok, but my pulse was 40. I thought that can't be right. I checked my pulse by hand and realized my heart was skipping beats. It it a very wierd feeling to watch the seconds slip by on the clock thinking, come on heart. Anyway when I described my symptoms to the nurse she had me come in for and EKG. Everything was fine. I stopped taking propanolol.

Well Ty everyone .just to let u no, the dr had a fit with the chemist.not about the asthma pump, but because she refused a second per-s.
I did have to giggle as this chemist shop has had so much trouble . And I'm going to change chemist. You see she took the pre-s. And then refused to give it back to me. So I had to ring the dr and wait till I could talk to him.he is a very blunt dr .and he is abit like Marmite.u love him or hate him.
But then I like the up front no sugar coated talk.
I understand I'm on a lot of pills for my age .and I'm really worried about taking these pills which I keep looking at but not taking.i guess as its my heart I'm scared..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back