Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
Anyone else had a long period of inactivity just sitting or in bed due to fibro for months on end and found a way to rebuild muscles.

I cant do much as the pain is still very bad and walk circuits round my living area for 5 or 10 minutes when i can.

I can't believe how much muscle strength i have lost ...I'm not overweight but it all feels heavier where the muscles have got weak on top of the fibro weakness i live with routinely....so walking is even harder and i want to make a positive change some how....or goodness knows how i will be in another six months.

Hugs to all and sorry to my fibro pals as i have been off the forum and not contributing lately due to hand/arm pain.

I've only had fibro for just under 1yr, and it became bad where I have been inactive since probably February. More and more I find that I spend at least a few days in a row without going out, just doing normal slow walking, doing what needs to be done around the house.

Now, I do have muscle weakness in my legs, my arms not as often. In fact, my biceps are in really good shape. And I still have good muscle tone in my calves, although they have shrunk in diameter.

So depending on the root cause, I think all of our muscle weakness will be different. If you have a good doctor/rheummy, I think it's important to point out which muscles are effected.

I do some isometric exercises. No equipment needed, exertive on the skeletal muscles but not aerobic. Just using that "invisible force" using the arms and legs, and pulling tight the abdomen muscles. I'm thinking of adding some high-quality whey protein shakes in the future.

I understand about the muscle loss... Sometimes I just feel and look so awful, like I'm dying. It's just terrible and can sometimes make walking hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back