What do you do for vacation? Yes, I am being serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go on a cruise. The hard parts flying there. On a cruise you can travel off into the Islands, and take tours by bus. If money's an issue rent a camper and go to the beach, lake etc.

My husband and I don't travel well due to the fact that we are both in pain but for different reasons so when we feel the need to get away we take short overnight trips to places that are near us. We are both retired so we can go whenever we want if we can find someone to watch the cats. We will get up on a Saturday morning, drive for as long as we can stand it (usually 3-5 hours) then find a place to stay. We will go out exploring for a couple of hours than go back to our room and rest. Then out to dinner then back to the room. We will sleep until about 9:00 get cleaned up, grab some breakfast and head home. That seems to work for us. Also we sometimes take day trips with our granddaughter. She loves museums so we try to find one within a fifty mile radius of home. We pick her up, take her out for breakfast and then head to the museum. After exploring for awhile we eat lunch and then head for home.

Try doing something close to home. Like visiting a friend with plans to do easy things like museums or concerts, plays or stay at bed and breakfast. You might try Amtak, train travel to a place you have always wanted to see. Rent a furnished cabin somewhere. Take in a movie or go out to dinner anything to break the normal pattern of life. You will find it will lift your spirits. It might hurt, but then your in pain anyways so do something then come home to recover. :)

Vacations are like torture for me. I actually dread them, the travel, the airport, the crowds, the noise....A week at the shore in NJ is probably my favorite. I get up early in the morning and take photos of wildlife. Come back for a 1/2 hour to my room, rest, then take the kids to the beach. Eat lunch, go to the beach, come back to the room and rest, dinner, maybe boardwalk at night. The key thing is, I keep getting breaks throughout the day. Disney World was pure torture for me because you have these parks from 9AM -8PM with no break, and I just can't do that with fibro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back