Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
US
State
WA
I'm new here. I was diagnosed in 2012 and have not taken any meds. I feel now I need something. The doctor suggested Gabapentin 100 mg three times a day. Very nervous to start medication. Have any of you been on Gabapentin? What are your thoughts? Also, I heard Magnesium can also help. Has anybody tried that?

Thanks for the help.

Welcome.yes I'm on gabby.i take 600 mg a day.it does help me. Sure u will feel tired when u start. And even a little spaced out.but it will pass in time.and it will help you sleep.magnessium can help with feeling so tired.but only if u are low on it in the first place.
Give the gabby a go.but do give it time .hugs.

Welcome to our forum Lynette! I'm on both. For me magnesium alone definitely does not help. I actually take that mainly to be more regular (in the bathroom). I also take 900mg of gabapentin per day unless I'm having a flare then it's 1800mg. Gabapentin helps me tremendously but it also makes me drowsy (I take at least 600mg at a time) so I only take it when I'm at home. I find that Gabapentin has least amount of side effects compared to other fibro meds like cymbalta and lyrica. Everyone is different and you'll find certain meds help for some and not others but I do find a lot of folks on here on gabapentin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back