Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/1997
Country
US
State
CA
I've had fibromyalgia for 20 years. I've been on many different anti depressants and pain meds since then. About 4 mos ago I decided to get off Paxil and Savella because of the side effects. I went to a natural dr to get relief of pain and depression/anxiety thru food. He put me on a diet deleting white potatoes, rice, flour, sugar, sugar substitutes, processed foods and dairy (except yogurt) . For the first couple months I felt better emotionally and physically then I have since being diagnosed with fibromyalgia, this was being off Paxil and savella. Then all of a sudden my pain shot through the roof and my depression is worse than ever. I went back to the dr and he put me on 5-htp and a neurotransmitter supplement. It has helped some but I don't feel like I did the first couple mos. I've researched many websites online on what not to eat on fibromyalgia. Everything I've read tells me not to eat all the things my dr restricted me from but also wheat,tomatoes,citrus and peppers. These foods are some of which was added on after the first few mos.. I'm freaking out because I can't eat ANYTHING then. I am so sick of the few things I can eat, which is basically grass fed beef , free range chic, veggies,fruit, plain yogurt, oatmeal(I don't eat seafood). I'm so sick of eating the few things I can eat and afraid to eat the bad foods that I skip meals. I HUNGRY, more depressed than ever and don't know what to do. I also exercise regularly and do yoga. Does anyone have advice? I'm losing a lot of weight and getting scared.

Well now.i to cut out a ton of food stuff.and it didn't do jack.
Sure you will lose weight,but i to was so sick of my diet I give up.i to came off meds.and was great for the first few weeks.i was so good I began to think the dr was wrong and I didn't have fibro.
Then the pain and stiffness came back with vengeance.i ended up on more pills then I started with.but you no I enjoy my food.and think if u don't drink don't smoke ,then at least enjoy your food.
Fibro will not let go ever. We all know this really.and I was so scared of how I feel if I even miss my morning does.that I now feel comfortable with my meds.they give me a life.so ask yourself what's more important.
I'm afraid some of the natural dr out there make a lot of money by telling us we can eat this and that.sure if u are fit to start with cutting half the food intake want hurt.but u look at sports ppl.they still have to eat meat grain and milk shakes to have the energy to run ,lift weights.row .and so on.
Add a few things back in your diet.your mood will lift and you will relax more.xxx

What works for you? Meds. May I ask?

Well now.i to cut out a ton of food stuff.and it didn't do jack.
Sure you will lose weight,but i to was so sick of my diet I give up.i to came off meds.and was great for the first few weeks.i was so good I began to think the dr was wrong and I didn't have fibro.
Then the pain and stiffness came back with vengeance.i ended up on more pills then I started with.but you no I enjoy my food.and think if u don't drink don't smoke ,then at least enjoy your food.
Fibro will not let go ever. We all know this really.and I was so scared of how I feel if I even miss my morning does.that I now feel comfortable with my meds.they give me a life.so ask yourself what's more important.
I'm afraid some of the natural dr out there make a lot of money by telling us we can eat this and that.sure if u are fit to start with cutting half the food intake want hurt.but u look at sports ppl.they still have to eat meat grain and milk shakes to have the energy to run ,lift weights.row .and so on.
Add a few things back in your diet.your mood will lift and you will relax more.xxx

Thank you so much for replyin! I was so desperate Sunday night I had a major panic attack. I have had depression and anxiety every day for about 2 1/2 mos. after calming down that night I toasted some white bread and put butter and jam on it and it calmed me way down. I have decided to start adding foods to my diet like you suggested . What set me off was when I saw on several websites that I am not suppose to eat wheat, dairy or tomatoes along with everything else my natural dr told me to cut out. I felt like there is nothing else left. Anyway I have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow, who also has fibromyalgia and I'm gunna find out what meds she takes. Which meds help you?

Tramadol and gabbipintin.thats all I take for the fibro.works great for me.dont get me wrong some day I hurt bad.but it does wonders.nothing helps the sore skin ,like burning sunburn.

Oh thank you! I've never heard of gabbipintin, but I have heard of tramadol and loved it. I had to get off of it when I got on one of my anti depressants. I'm no longer on antidepressants so I should be able to get back on it. I made an emergency appt with my dr for tomorrow so I'm gunna ask her to put me back on it. You have really kept me sane with your advice. I really really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back