Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
IRL
State
X
Lately my legs have been feeling heavy and weak, and also tight? Also, when I stand up from sitting, I see black spots and become dizzy for a few seconds. Is this just another common symptom for people with fibromyalgia? Thanks in advance.

You are experiencing orthostatic changes. When you stand up and see black spots, this is evidence of your blood pressure dropping temporarily. When this happens, sit back down and place your head between your legs. Your wil normalize quickly. Some explain it as a "head rush". Such orthostatic changes are one of the many symptoms of Fibro. Your heavy legs may be a part of this. Perhaps consider having your blood pressure checked with your health care provider to rule out high or low blood pressure issues. To combat these changes try not to get up to quickly, especially if you've been sitting or lying down for a while.

Heavy limbs and body is a symptom of fibro..most people i thought had it. There is a video on here under the new section for help and advice explaining fibro to friends and family that explains it.

Another way i explain and have heard many others do so is like your blood has been replaced with cement or concrete, or as if you have bags of cement tied to your arms and legs.

medicmurphy is spot on with the orthostatic changes explanation..there is also something called POTS you could google. There is something called a table tilt test among other things if you are concerned.

Hiya. I have that problem with my legs during a flare, when I try to move my legs, my knees feel so heavy & tight I can hardly lift my legs. It feels like my legs don't actually belong to my body, like they're made of wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back