Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
I have never really understood the term flares.

Maybe some of you could chip in with your definition?

Does that mean for some of you lovely people that you have pain free days or pain free areas of your body some of the time....and that then there is an obvious flare either in a particular area or all over?

Or maybe its lower pain much of the time and then more severe in parts or all of the body during 'flares'.

For me from the time i got fibro none of my body is left out so only lower pain at best that ramps up with all activity or just on its own randomly so i hurt all over to varying degrees all the time...mostly high these days even sitting in a comfy chair or in bed.

Its fascinating and i'm really curious as to how others 'feel' their fibro?

Hugs to all.

Last edited:
Speaking fir myself, I live with full body pain, fatigue, regular headaches/ migraines everyday. When a flare occurs there is an exacerbation of the symptoms which in my case lasts for months. So, no, I'm never pain free. Weather and barometric changes affect my level of pain, which in my case is a weekly event as I live in the Rocky Mountains. When I catch a virus, I will be sick twice as long as a non-Fibro counterpart.

I find eating well and exersize helps. Not only in controlling pain but also mentally and emotionally. I find that being sedentary exacerbates the pain and leads to depression. That said, I've been bed bound with the symptoms but I seize the active moments when I can and take advantage of the warm weather and sunshine. Thankfully I can.

Hi,

I also experience pain all over my body everyday.The areas that bother me the most are my neck,lower back,sciatica in my legs,feet and arm pain. Oh that is almost my whole body lol! As MedicMurphy said the weather,especially damp and cold adversely effect my pain.
When a flare comes my body feels like the pain is amplified and My fatigue is more severe then usual.I can barely make it out of bed and it might last a week or a month.

I know they recommend excercise to help Fibro symptoms and I always would say,"How can I excercise if I can't move?" But I've tried really hard lately to be more active and I see an improvement in my pain.

So it is important to get out of bed as soon as u can or your muscles will get stiff. The best advice is keep moving,and when u get tired listen to your body!

Sagey

Good for you Sagey!! Proud of you for the strength to get moving and the pat off odd feeling some relief is worth it. As you know, it is not easy to attempt some level of exersize. We're sore and tired. Inguess I'd rather be sore a fatigued and MOVE , than sore and tired sitting. I've done both, believe me lol. I take it day by day. Its encouraging to see any progress. :)

Oh the flares .... the extreme of any small little things times 100 that's how it is for me. Some last for months, weeks, or days. Mine mostly have to do with crazy change weather back and forward I've been having here especially this year. What's up with that?. I can't get a rest. My ear hurts like I was accidentally poke true my ear drums which I didn't thanks to my chronic sinus,allergies,Migraine... oh man flares are so far in pains it spike my panic attack which is worse cause now my stomach ache like a tripple heart burn , nauseousness choking lump in my throat feeling dizzy with all the short breathing, hot and cold flash ove and over, can't see straight, my cognition is far off I can easily walk in to the wall. My fibro fog episode was non stop for straight whole week i have to type on my iPad or phone to communicate to someone next to me sometime unless I can't move my hands cause the cramps pains so unbearable in all my joints, legs won't stop spasm Which I literally kicking my self while at sleep out of my bed, so much so the only part of my body without fat are my legs ( too much of restless legs episodes) I feels like a Humpty Dumpty now so balance is also out of the question. I feels feverish most of the time too.

Last edited:
Hi,

We were just talking about flares and I experienced one that started about 5 days ago.Its funny that you don't really remember how bad it is, until your in that bubble of agony! until you're feeling so sick and weak.And the worst was the nausea and I forget how bad the nausea really was.I wanted to throw up soo bad(sorry for being so graphic),but I couldn't.I was rocking back and forth and had pain all over and no appetite.

I think sometimes it seems like a combination of the feeling of my Epstein virus when I first was diagnosed with and the Fibromyalgia.

Today I woke up with a little more energy and less nausea.Of course. I decided to do the dishes because I hate being behind in the house,but I know I should rest.Just sat down and had a cold soda lol.

I will spend the rest of the day resting.But it's weird how u go from almost feeling like your dying to feeling like u can do something.It's so hard to handle emotionally sometimes.
I rarely cry for myself, but I did last night.

Have u been diagnosed with Epstein Barr virus.Just curious how many have?
Wil start a new thread.

Have a good day

Sagey

Hi I am new on here and I am just wondering what most people take for pain meds ? The pain I have is so hard to describe, I am sure it is the same as many others. My legs and arms go all day every day 24/7 it is RLS but gets to the point where I feel like I am losing my mind. I roll all over the bed, I walk, I massage,I sleep on the couch most of the time because my husband can't sleep with the constant movement. My body does not stay the same half the time my husband can barely hold my hand and can't even think of giving me a massage, the nerves in my body all over hurt so bad to any touch.I have had extreme stress in my life and truly believe this makes every thing worse.I get stress migraines 3 to 4 times a week and they are usually there when I wake up and still there when I try and go to bed.I have gotten to the point where I am very depressed and find myself very emotional to the smallest things.I have tried many different kinds of pills from the Drs. I have been to many Dr's for second opinions, They then sent me to a pain Dr and he first tried to give me cortisone in different parts of my body to try and relieve some of the pain. That did not work so he put me on Oxycontin and this took my pain away pretty good, but it did not take long and I had to up the dose of this to keep it working. I did not want to addicted to this very strong pain killer and stopped taking it. I weaned down slowly and then he tried me on Methadone I am on it now and some of the time it does enough to be able to not be to bad. But I have so many flare ups that's make it so much worse so he has given me the same thing but in a fast release tablet to help with the pain.But I hear so many bad things about all of these pills it scares me. I do not want to be an addict that can't control my own life. But I also do not think I could stand the pain I am in with out them. So right now they have me on Methadone 3 times a day,fast release hydromorphone as needed, 2 different anti depressants, celecoxib.So in a nut shell I am 54 years old in extreme pain 24/7, migraines, no Libido, depression, can't work and neither can my husband because of a accident. So our finances are dragging us under, where I live there is no help for disability help unless you had insurance through your job. So that means we don't go any where, buy any thing I have come to the thoughts what the sense this life is useless except for my kids and grandkids and I really can't do much there any more either. Helpppppppp Please what is everyone out there doing ????
Thanks for reading my pout I guess I am feeling sorry for myself again. Shadowmama

Have you every try anti flammatory herbs and diet? I have chronic migraine during flare up with fibromyalgia for many years , including chronic sinusitis. I discovered that do to some sinus anti flammatory diet can help migraine pain to some point that helps it bearable. My eyes are so sensitive to sun light do the migraine and normally set me off to panic attack which have worsen my conditions for many years. I've found hot dried peppers and turmeric to be very helpful in time of flare up. My stomach usually weak against spicy food but because chewing on hot dried chili pepper flakes till my ear blow up smoke really busted my migraine and sinus pains that is about to kill me each time I torarated it . It's weird that red dried pepper heat can treat lots of my pains but if you do research you'll find that it's true. And now lots of doctor prescribed turmeric to help with lots of other pains related condition I'm sure you can ask your doctor about it too. I grew up with turmeric so I know full well the good benefits of it when it comes to healing and how fast it can work. I only wish I have enough space to grow the fresh than getting them in powder. Also peppermint can help as well but not as good as dried hot pepper heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back