Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
I don't know if this is fibro, RA or PMR but in the morning I am so stiff and sore I can barely get out of bed and get ready for the day. We go t the gym three days a week where I do weight machines and cardio machines and take a nap when we get home. On the days we don't go to the gym, I just putz around the house, read, play on the computer and take naps. Since I can't take anti-inflammatories anymore because of blood thinners, the rheumatologist and I haven't found any thing except steroids that control the pain consistently and they don't last all that long. The odd thing about all of this is that by late afternoon, the pain is subsiding and is almost gone by bedtime, regardless of what I do or don't do during the day (even if I sleep most of the day.) Has anyone else had this experience? Is there an explanation for this?

Not sure, but I do find that I am the most sore in the morning and the more I move around, the better I feel. I get really frustrated, because somedays I need to rest, but lying around increases the pain.

I suppose for most fibro sufferers the mornings are the worst - personally, getting out of bed is the worst part of my day and the hour after that is also a challenge every day, mentally and physically. I am sore, stiff, tired, groggy, foggy, depressed, anxious...

What I personally do is to keep myself busy in the mornings. I know it sounds contradictory, but for months I'd sit in the corner of my couch or bed and wait it out. Sitting there, I would only focus on how bad I was feeling, so I then figured I could try to keep myself busy, see whether that would make it less of a hell. And it really works for me. So I will often have things to do laying around from the night before - the laundry that needs to be folded, basic dishes that need to be washed, some clearing up, arranging etc. Nothing too much obviously, but things that allow me to keep moving at a slow pace and keep both my body and my mind busy as my body is getting used to being awake.

Have you given natural remedies in the morning? I often do some basic stretching, do face yoga (I actually love it!), have some herbal tea or lots of water to flush out the toxins built overnight (or so I make myself believe), breathing exercises to open up my lungs etc. If nothing else works and mornings are really unbearable, you can always talk to your doctor and try different medications/supplements. All the best.

I feel horrible in the morning. I get up early so i have time to do a tonne of stretching before starting my day and going to work.
The only thing i find that keeps the aches away is to keep moving so for me, the end of the day is worst. Once i stop all the pain comes flooding in

I am new to this sight, so hello! I have had this happen to me for many years now.
I actually look forward to the evenings and night time as well. I also have to schedule my appointments for late in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back