Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
UK
State
Scotland
I know I asked already if anyone else had sleep apnoea and there were a few. I did the sleep study last night at home and if this comes back positive I'll be referred for a sleep study as an inpatient in hospital. I'll be really surprised if it comes back negative but still have that wee glimmer of hope!

Anyway my question is about driving. I know the DVLA can take your license away if you suffer from sudden onset of sleepiness. I can honestly say that I have never even come close to falling asleep at the wheel or had any sudden onset of falling asleep at any other time. I rarely drive long distances due to overall pain and if I do, my husband is always there too so we can share the driving. I rely on my car everyday though to get to and from work & to pick up my kids after work and I'm really anxious that my license will be taken away even on a temporary basis.

I'm not yet experincing apnea but I do suffer from Non-24 with the on set sleep attack kinda like a mild narcoleptic episode when I get suddely upset or anger. If the blood rush to my face , I'm out cold but do to my often panic/hyperventilation attack it made me kept hanging on staying awake with sudden extreme pains and weakness till i find the safe spot to pass out. I can't drive anymore but still I don't dare to report that symptom yet cause incase I need to drive and job since i can't get disability.

Like I've mention here before that my dad suffer from apnea for very long time , he doesn't have sleep attack like me so he's still allow to drive. He have part disability benifit from it which help out alot. So good luck in your hospital sleep study Lou38. Me too I need to do that soon but I have a long way to go before I could commiting to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back