Not open for further replies.

TinaL

Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
CA
State
BC
I have heard/read that Fibro is caused by childhood trauma/accident/stress/ etc. My chiropractor explained it as your "fight or flight" reflex is turned on high and will not shut off. I got to thinking about things yesterday and this is my thought.

My childhood and early adulthood were very traumatic/abusive which I am sure kicked my flight/fight reflex (survival reflex) into high gear. When I met my current hubby it took a long time for me to let my guard down and when I started to is when my Fibro symptoms became apparent. My fight/flight reflex had been "on" for so long it now wont shut off and because I am now allowing myself to relax and allowing someone else to help/love me I am aware of more. I spent so many years fighting through the pain to do everything that needed to be done that I became numb/blind to it all.

Maybe this post will help someone else suffering to find a link to their cause for fibro. It does not make fibro better but it does give me peace of mind knowing why.

Hi Tina! Thanks for sharing! Actually yesterday I read a post by another member, who said something similar about having a hard childhood and facing traumatic incidents back then. I was amazed to see the vast majority of the forum members admitted they did experience a traumatic incident in the past. I was one of them as well. If what your chiropractor is right... then damn! No wonder most of us are so stressed out! They often think I'm so stressed, lol, the doctors think I'm neurotic, when I'm totally calm! They haven't seen what I look like when I'm stressed... I hate it when total strangers think they know me well just because they're doctors.

I might see a chiropractor soon, I just need to save some cash for that :) So tired of doctors.

I had not heard that and I find it very interesting, actually. Considering the people who I know have been diagnosed fit the bill, there may be some merit to that.
I've been to the doctor with my relative before, and it's amazing how they just brush off the "oh, you need to lower your stress." Sure, let me just press that button! If it was that easy, no one in the world would EVER have stress!

TinaL, your chiropractor is 100% right. I didn't realize how much trauma and underlying tension I had from when I was growing up that I never dealt with. Your subconscious mind doesn't want you to deal with the thoughts and emotions so it gives you a physical symptom to keep you distracted. Its overwhelming but you can be helped ALOT! Read Dr. John Sarno's book "Healing Back Pain" it talks about it. He has helped thousands of people, many of them professionals. Also YouTube EFT (Healing Magic Channel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back