Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2012
Country
US
State
Utah
I ask this because about a year ago I experienced the hardest month of my life. I had been diagnosed with fibro for 4 years prior before deciding to board a plane to a foreign country to adopt a 3 year old. Talk about terrifying! I was not sure I could handle another child with the way I felt, but we went for it. Won't go in to the reason why this happened, but I had to go by myself in the second trip to take custody and be with her for a week alone before the two of us flew back. Surely from the stress, I was totally flared up on the flight over and cried for hours on the plane that I did not think my body would hold up - especially my aching arms and back. But here is the surprising thing.... Despite being THE WEEK FROM H#LL with carrying a 25 pounder around at all times, tackling a thrashing child, and walking up and down two flights of stairs 50 times a day (I was not in good shape prior), and about 5 hours of sleep each night.... I was literally pain free. This pain free continued in the 3 day journey back and the intensive month back at home as she transitioned. I was running on a constant state of stress and adrenalin. When things started to normalize, my symptoms came back (she is doing awesome now, BTW). I think about this a lot and how the highly stressful time made me feel less pain. Can anyone explain why this is for me?

I noticed that when I do very intense exercise, the pain in the worked muscle disappears for hours. Walking can seem a chore at first, but after sprinting it seems like nothing. I often do some weightlifting near my 1RM, to induce some adrenaline, afterwards my arms feel as light as air.

Adrenaline can indeed change the way our body feels, but I think it's only temporary, once the adrenaline is gone the pain should be back. But in theory if we are able to exercise we just might feel better.

The adrenaline can do amazing things, it can give yo the capacity to lift super heavy things, run very fast and jump very high, so not surprised you were pain free... After all adrenaline is a reaction to danger, for our primitive ancestors this was very important, because thanks to the adrenaline they sometimes could get away from the danger as fast as possible, to ensure that everything else had to be blocked out, even pain.

It's kinda worrisome that almost everything can trigger that adrenaline rush, not good for the body. Adrenaline is supposed to be used only when needed, like life or death situations, but it seems this modern life isn't doing us any good (me included).

Adrenaline allows your body to deal with pain and uncomfortable times much easier. It's like your body is on a high. Our bodies produce adrenaline naturally only so much. I'm on a basic medication that I buy at the pharmacy from the pharmacist only. Its made by BioCeuticals and its called Adrenoplex. It supports a healthy adrenal function. When you have fibro your body has trouble producing this adrenaline, therefore this kinda vitamin helps your body do so. I take it for a few weeks, have a weeks break, then take again. I don't take it all the time so that my body doesn't get used to it. It's part chinese medicine. I've never been a fan of treatments that don't have strong backing, however I gave this one a go on the advice by the pharmacist and I must admit I have had less moments of 'flare ups', I think because my body has help producing the adreanaline that helps us fibro patients cope. I hope this makes sense. A lot of the people that liaise on this website are located in the US. I'm from Australia. Do you have the same vitamins etc over there? That part I have no idea on.

Hi Longlongmeri,

WOW, what a story! You are an amazing woman! You are strong and so courageous to not let the pain and discomfort of the fibro, much less the anxiety of the plane trip to a foreign land and adopting a child of foreign heritage keep you from your goal of adopting this sweet child.

I am not a mother but it is my perception having lived 60 years now that there is something in a woman that is so selfless when it comes to caring and protecting a child. My mom always says that the angels have helped her all through her life through tough situations. I am a woman of faith and I believe that your single focus to bring this child home overcame your fibro condition with a little help from your guardian angel.

If adrenaline were the answer to our fibro, I'd go sky diving every day...lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back