Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
I know everyone doesn't have the same faith, and I respect that very much. I would like to tell Fibromyalgia suffers that while stress, and pain from this condition will come and go, that if people with this condition will take the leap of faith and put prayer into their life pain may become less of a big problem.

It depends on the person, though. Some people may find no use in prayers, while others can feel better if they do this.

I know everyone doesn't have the same faith, and I respect that very much. I would like to tell Fibromyalgia suffers that while stress, and pain from this condition will come and go, that if people with this condition will take the leap of faith and put prayer into their life pain may become less of a big problem.

Could you clarify what you mean by "become less of a big problem" please? I'll tell you why I'm asking.

I'm a huge believer in prayer because it's been part of my life since I was a wee little girl. I have seen huge differences (working in the medical community when I did in the past) between people who prayed and those who didn't... on the emotional level.

So the reason I'm asking what you meant... did you mean that praying would help one to *cope* with the pain better on an emotional level? In that case, I very much agree. If you meant pray instead of seeing a doc or finding a medication that helps, though, I wouldn't agree. I do believe in miracles, but I don't feel it's wise to avoid seeking help in the hopes of "praying pain away" with a miracle. Sometimes we need to do things to help those miracles. :smile:

Prayers have always improved a lot of lives. I don't know why it happens and nobody knows but we are sure that it's effective. Thus, you should pray whenever you need to!

I'm very religious myself, but let me be perfectly honest: Chronic Fatigue makes prayer really really difficult for me! It can be such a challenge to stay focused on prayer, think through what I'm praying about, and keep motivation to keep attempting prayer. I've discussed this with my priest, who also has fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. He said he knows exactly what I mean by this. He says it's enough to just keep love in my heart, even if I can't find energy to put words to it. He helped me come to peace with my condition, helped me to understand my spiritual role as I live with this condition, and to know when I can spiritually step up and when I can't. I think spiritually coming to peace with the condition is the most important, and it has lightened my heart a lot. So I'm learning how to pray with my heart instead of my tired brain. It is helping me remain at peace.

Siderea, try to keep praying. Even though it doesn't apparently work for you, you need to keep trying until you will find a way to win. Remember that there is always somebody who watches you and helps you when you need it.

Takedon, please don't misunderstand. Prayer is very powerful and necessary. It does "work for me." I just find it is very fatiguing. Interestingly enough, I randomly chose to watch Dr. Oz yesterday and he showed brain scans of normal brain function and brain functionnwhile praying. It proved we use quite a bit more of our brains while praying! This could easily explain why I find it so exhausting.

I can vouch for prayer, though I have learned not to push The Lord on people, blessed be his name. The Lord has really helped uplift my family, especially lately with my mother's worsening condition. I will say a prayer for all of you tonight, fellow fibronaughts!

Jenny Heart,
Thank you for your inspirational words. Yes, I too believe in the power of prayer. Each of us deals with the effects of fibro and other illness in our own ways, but by just having faith and hope, love and peace, in our hearts it can make a big difference in our lives. How and how often someone prays is a personal choice, and often the symptoms of fibro make prayer time take a step back until our minds and bodies, can have the time and energy, needed to focus on things that really matter. :) :)

Jenny, thanks a lot! I actually think I need to start praying even more lately... it seems fibro won't be my biggest issue anymore... Right now I'm stuck with a massive hernia and other things. It's hard not to feel down knowing you are so young, but so sick... no quality of life. But prayer is the only thing that is keeping me strong. Thanks a lot, Jenny... for reminding us prayer is something everything we have and we must put out trust in G-d.

My mother is a doctor and the only thing she could was praying for my friend. He feels a bit better but we don't need to depend on praying. It's all up to your power of will.

I have alot of pain at times, and when I talk with God, which to me is all about praying, this can prove to help the mind focus on a better sense of well being. Better health may become more evident if prayer is put into practice on a daily basis. This is just my opinion on how prayer can help this painful situation.. I still have bad days; however, over all I feel better because of turning to prayer in my opinion, when i have painful days.

Actually, it has been proved that the human cells change their frequency and enter a 'resonance state' which allows them to heal faster. We can't know what causes this but it means that praying is very important.

Praise the Lord for all his gifts to us. Prayer is his greatest and if more people would turn to prayer more frequently I don't think we would need as much medicine.

Indeed, where medicine fails, only God can help you anymore. Praying is what keeps you alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back