Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
Does anyone out there get headaches on Cymbalta, This is my second day on this new med and I am hoping it goes away. Also on my first night I had heart palpitations. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Lana. I had headaches for a few days when I started, but they went away. Give it a couple weeks unless any of the severe adverse side effects kick in. Some folks can't take it, but it does take a bit to settle in. K

I was on it for 13 days and the side effects never cleared up in that time. I got more depressed, even suicidal. It kept me bed-bound. It did nothing for my pain either. I'm having much better luck with diet, supplements, and Chinese Medicine (chiropractic, acupuncture, herbs, etc.)

I did get headaches during the first few weeks, that's why I had to stop taking that med. It took me several attempts to realize most meds were giving me more trouble than fibro itself sometimes. I'm going natural nowadays mostly, started taking a pain med for my head tho... the neurologist I saw gave me that, so I wanted to give it a try, since having constant headaches isn't cool at all!

I've been on Cymbalta (generic) along with Tramadol since March and it has worked wonders for me. It did take me about a week to settle in but after that I've had no side effects so I hope this treatment plan will stay effective for a long while.

I took it for about a month and I was totally pain free and felt refreshed all day. The horrible side effect that I just couldn't take anymore was the nausea. It would taper off and then would hit hard. I was waking in the middle of the night with nausea so bad I couldn't sleep, I even took nausea pills but those didn't work at all. The dr put me on Lyrica now and trying to adjust the dosage to a level where I feel some relief. The pain is so bad right now I would almost take the nausea over the pain.

I've been on Cymbalta for about 5 months now and feel so much better! Is it possible for it to take that long to really work well? I'm also on a drug patch but that is for chronic pain from my back and damaged kidney. Main complaint since I've been taking the Cymbalta is sleepiness. If I don't stay active I can fall asleep anywhere. Perhaps the 2 drugs together make it so, but I had gotten used to the patch and it didn't make me tired anymore,

I've been on Cymbalta for two months now, a few days after starting and a few days after increasing the dosage I got headaches and nausea but they cleared up and now I'm almost pain free and have almost no mental issues. It's wonderful.

I started Cymbalta almost 2 weeks ago, but I am still on 30mg. I am noticing a difference, it's been better than anything else so far. I have had migraines since I was a teenager, and headaches as well and so far the cymbalta has made it a bit better. I'll be able to better evaluate as I stay on it longer. The first 5 days were very hard. My worst side effects were bad fatigue and muscle pain. Diarrhea and weakness. Jitteriness and difficulty sleeping. I'm glad I stuck with it though cause i finally feel like I'm on the right track to relief.
Hope you find a winning combo soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back