DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
US
State
Idaho
quick intro:

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia around a year ago. This was a decade in the making. I had been going to a chiropractor as a teenager. I find myself in bed all day, in pain and overwhelmingly fatigued, and I have too busy a life for this. I am finding that I need to vent my frustrations with someone who understand fibro. I'm glad to be here.

that was a copy of my welcome to the page post. Can anyone tell I'm tired?

So, how am I supposed to pass my last semester of college when I can't get out of bed?

I was listening to NPR talk radio, and there was a who segment on chronic pain. Did you know that most doctors receive about 9 hours of pain management? vets get more training for animals. They don't spend time on it. I read an article that most NPs don't feel comfortable exploring chronic pain diagnosed let alone treating them. This country has an overwhelming amount of people in pain, and very few who understand and feel comfortable treating it.

the worst part is that I'm 5'7 130, bubbly attitude most of the time. people look at me and say she's faking, or it can't be that bad, or suck it up. it's crazy when I wish there was something visibly wrong with me so I can get a frickin' break.

and my husband, god bless his heart, he tries. but I am fed up with the crap my body does so I can't blame him for getting Bent out of sorts. I feel like I have to constantly remind him sometimes. yes, I am out of bed, but no, I don't want to do some responsible task or clean, I want to enjoy being vertical.

blah. I feel better, mentally at least

There will be one day when invisible diseases, like FMS, will be recognized for what they are. People are slowly starting to realize you can't see every illness. We still have a long way to go but I, really, do believe we will get recognition one day. So, you'll get that break.

I dropped out of college because it was just too much. I regret that decision every day. I wish I would have pushed through so I would have become more than a dropout. I wasn't in the right field but at least I would have had the degree. So, do everything you can to make it through that last semester.

Good luck!

Hi Lanimo! So sorry to hear you are going tru such a difficult time with fibro, but don't worry everyone over here is going tru a similar thing and that's why we can completely understand how you are feeling. Glad you joined us, because by venting here you can let all that frustration out. So don't hesitate to do so whenever you feel the need to do it.

So, how am I supposed to pass my last semester of college when I can't get out of bed?

I was listening to NPR talk radio, and there was a who segment on chronic pain. Did you know that most doctors receive about 9 hours of pain management? vets get more training for animals.

Hi... First of all, I'm so sorry that you're having this pain that won't allow you to get out of bed. :-( Is there a way you can take your last semester with online classes? I know a lot of people do that and it works out great. You'd only have to go out for your proctored exams in many cases.

Second, being very close to the medical community, I can tell you with assurance that if your talk radio program said that doctors get 9 hours of pain management training, it was NOT a true statement. Maybe it was some old coot who went to med school 50 years ago? :smile:

There is a lot more training than that for pain management and many of the CME modules for continuing medical education deal with chronic pain and how to manage it, so the information is kept up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back