Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Well here it is the middle of August and I have still not received a letter telling me when I will have a hearing before a judge to see if I qualify for disability or not. They have to give me a thirty day notice so if I don't get a letter in the next fifteen days that means September is out. Honestly I just want to quit. I am tired of fighting, seeing doctors, filling out paper work and so forth. I can't quit though because I signed a contract with an attorney and I have to give him the chance to do his job. I was told by my attorney that my hearing would probably be in June. Well June has come and gone and so has July. The stress this puts on me is overwhelming. It's all I can think about day and night. I have tried to keep my mind off of it but it keeps coming back to it. I find myself reading a book or watching TV and then realize that I have missed what was going on because my mind drifted off to thinking about the hearing. I have heard some people have fought for as long as seven years to get disability and at the end of the seven years they were denied. How depressing that must be. I have only been trying to get it for twenty six months and I know how depressed I am getting so I can't imagine fighting for seven years only to be denied. I will be eligible for regular social security next April so that is something to look forward to if I get denied again. Anyway enough of my pity party. Everyone take care and I hope you all have pain free days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back