Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
WA
My pain has been pretty ordinarily terrible, but lately I've been getting this sensation where when I stand up this crushing heat sort of pulses out from everywhere and rushes to my head and I get super dizzy and have to just stand still because all my muscles seize up and my vision gets blurry. It'll usually pass after 20-30 seconds, and then I can walk wherever I was headed, but if I sit or lay down again for more than a few minutes it'll usually happen again when I get up. It's not like a burning sensation -my pain is primarily ache-y- it's more like a suffocating sauna on steroids, but beneath my skin rather than around it. Just wondering if anyone else has felt something like this and if they did anything about it. I suppose now that I think about it the head rush kind of feels like what I felt when I was unable to eat for a week, but this heat sensation is entirely unfamiliar.

That sounds very scary and overwhelming. I have not had the combination of those sensations. I do get dizzy - it can be vertigo (then it feels like the world around me turning or going zigzag) or it could be a sudden drop in blood pressure (I have low blood pressure and at times when I get up, I get very dizzy. But the dizziness is my body feeling dizzy, not the surroundings. It can last up to a minute.) The burning feeling could be nerve pain.

Either way, I'd monitor it for a while and be prepared for it each time you're getting up. You can fall when feeling dizzy so make sure you get up slowly and have something to hold on to. It is also important to learn to stand grounded with your feet when feeling dizzy.

Hope it passes soon. Fibro comes with these mysterious sensations...it sucks how they are often so difficult to describe.

Next time this happens, take your blood pressure, look in the Mirror, are your eyes red? Or your face? Take a picture and referance it to a phone or tablet. Use it to show your Dr.

It sounds to me like postural hypotension or in lay mans terms " head rush". When you stand after being in a sitting or prone position it causes a blood pressure drop which leads to dizziness, light headedness and at times a heat surge. The fact that these symptoms dissipate once you're moving around leads me to this conclusion. These symptoms certainly explain at part of Fibro. Definitely follow up with your family Dr though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back