New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

bookworm1402 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Lexington
State: Kentucky
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
bookworm1402 is on a distinguished road
Wink What I like to do.

I watch TV a lot on my Roku: Sex and the City, Downton Abbey, Doctor Who, Roseanne, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and Sherlock. My TV interests are very diverse!
I love to crochet. I am quite good at it, actually. At the moment, I'm crocheting a fox hat scarf where the head is the hat and the tail is the scarf. I knit, too, but it's not my favorite. I drink tons of coffee and paint. I have lost my motivation to paint lately, but I'm really hoping I get it back.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:00 PM #2
Registered Member

moe1959 will become famous soon enoughmoe1959 will become famous soon enough
Registered Member
City: private
State: wa.
Diagnosed: 09/2014
Interest: I am being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
moe1959 will become famous soon enoughmoe1959 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What I like to do.

CAN YOU POST SOME PICS OF YOUR HAT? THAT'S GREAT! I'm to impatient. IT TAKES ALOT OF TALENT. I JUST GOT DONE DISCUSSING CHRISTMAS WITH MY HUSBAND, HE SUGGESTED I MAKE GIFTS. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ARTSY. WE'RE A ONE INCOME FAM CAUSE I CAN'T WORK AND GETTING DISABILITY IS DRAGGING IT'S FEET.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:36 AM #3
Registered Member

DK_engineer is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: Newberg
State: OR
Diagnosed: 05/2015
DK_engineer is on a distinguished road

Hi Megan, I really like Dr. Who too. When I started watching it Tom Baker was the Doctor. It wasn't well known in the US back then, and I had to recruit my friends to watch it with me

Your fox hat/scarf sounds very creative. I used to make my mother crocheted snowflakes for her Christmas tree to relieve stress when I was in college. I've also done a lot of beadwork in the past. I used to have visions of design ideas and I could hardly wait to make the idea into a physical reality so I could see what it looks like. Then my workplace got really stressful and I stopped doing any beadwork for several years. I recently took it up again and made a few necklaces.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:12 AM #4
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

srhalex is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Lynden
State: WA
Diagnosed: 08/2015

TV is so helpful to me. I'm watching Sex and the city right now! Carrie is bumping into Big & Natasha while manning Aiden's furniture booth. -love it
I used to knit but then it started feeling weird on my hands, I've been thinking of taking it up again with thicker needles and thicker yarn. I painted a ton in high school and my early 20s and stopped when my energy got low. I try to work hard to fit in the things that still give me joy, but give myself the freedom to take a break from things that start to feel like 'work.' I usually come back to them later. Hobbies have totally saved me. The countdown to watching the last season of Downton had begun!
Old 10-31-2015, 12:35 PM #5
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

diamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of light
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: somewhere
State: anywhere
Diagnosed: 01/2008
diamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of light

Ah yes we have the final series of Downton now...i hope they bring some parts to a conclusion like Lady Mary finally remarrying and Edith finding happiness and revealing her daughter. I don't like it when they leave it open ended for our imaginations ....we will miss it as this is the most popular thing on UK TV every autumn.

I love historical dramas...when i was a child it was something called the FORSYTE SAGA...all the family would gather round to watch at about 8pm all cosy by the fire...later around 1975 it was Poldark a series about a handsome miner in Cornwall and all his romantic and business antics.

I don't expect you know these in the US and not sure they would be every ones cup of tea worldwide.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:26 AM #6
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Lynden
State: WA
Diagnosed: 08/2015

I can't wait till Downton airs here. I need to see what happens to Edith! I want a 'happy ever after' for her. I've watched every episode of all the other season multiple times. It's a good show and has been a real familiar comfort to me on bad pain days.
Do you watch 'Mr. Selfridge'? That's another PBS show I like.
Closed Thread

Tags
age, back, doctor, good, lost, pain