DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
CA
State
ON
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and myofascial pain. though diagnosed recently I've suffered from this pain most of my life and I was on a waiting list for assessments to be diagnosed for many years as well. During that time I've had many symptoms and experiences with this (as you can imagine) everything from muscle spasms, being unable to walk for days, daily pain, being tired, passing out from intense pain (when it got very bad), swallowing difficulties, anxiety, etc. However I've learned from these situations and tried to make the best of it.

One challenge I still face and that's being able to play my Violin for longer than 5-10 minutes at a time. I get about an 30 mins to an hour in a day but I can't hold my violin up for long. As a result I thought I would ask everyone here (musician's or no) for any advice on being able to cope or reduce the pain so that I can get decent practice in without having to take a break every 5 mins. And my violin is not something I will give up 8)

Any tips or tools would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back