Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
tn
Hello. I'm looking for fibro doctors in/around the Nashville TN area. Need some recommendations.
My insurance company thinks that fibro falls under the rheumatologist and gave me an provider list. This list is old and outdated.
The few doctors that sound promising...called them and they are not taking any new patients.

Thanks.

Hi, I have no doctor recommendations. I've never seen one for FM...I've worked on everything I believe causes this Fibro stuff. I just posted in the Alternatives group here about the Important of Magnesium and all the symptoms of deficiency, sure sounds like a lot of Fibro symptoms. Something tells me you won't get magnesium advice from a conventional doctor, they will write drugs....we are not drug deficient as I've found over many years of my research. I've worked on the FM issues in me since 1999, otc pain meds for pain and I do also deal with OA and hip replacement mess. J

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sometimes it helps to do a web search for Rheumatologist's in your area. This is the type of doctor that treats and diagnosis your condition. Although, some members feel that fibro can be treated without medications, it is best to let your doctors help you and see what works best for you. Not everyone can be made better with the use of vitamins and minerals, or the use of herbal treatments. I would try the doctor approach first and then see if somethings could be managed with home care.

In the Alternative methods section we recommend relaxation and easy exercise, and to pace yourself instead of trying to get it all done in one day. please read through the sections having to do with your worse symptoms, as well as, the general section on fibro. Read older posts , as well as, new ones as members have shared a wealth of good information.

I hope you come often and learn new coping skills and make lots of new cyber friends who do understand how you feel and can offer support when your days are not going well. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing your name around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back