DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2018
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
Good day or evening,

My name is Morgan (or Morg for short), and I am new to the site. I have been living with fibro symptoms for the last 15 years or so. I started noticing the symptoms when I was about 16. It started with random muscle and joint pain, and then went on to include migraines, fibro fog, depression that seems untreatable, and chronic fatigue symptoms. However, it took until very recently (last week to be exact) to actually get a firm diagnosis of fibromyalgia from a doctor. I'm relieved to finally have an answer, but annoyed it took so long.

So, a little about me. I'm 33y.o., currently single living with my best friend and his partner, and I have a wonderful kitty named Wesley who is probably the biggest reason I still get out of bed every day and drag myself to work no matter how tired and sore I am. I enjoy reading, writing, and watching random shows on Netflix. I am trying to motivate myself to do small things like go for a walk daily to try and get some exercise in to help make myself feel better (I've heard exercising can help with the joint and muscle pain if you stick with it).

I'm hoping that if I can talk to other people who have similar experiences as me I will feel less alone and more like this is not something that is going to completely defeat me. I know it will not be easy, but living with fibro is something I have to do, so I'm looking forward to seeing how other people cope and maintain their lives. I hope to meet some new friends and look forward to chatting soon.

Hope everyone has the best day possible!

Hi Morgan, I am new to this site too and looking for the same thing. We seem to have the same experience, I too started having symptoms in my teens and now at 39 I finally got diagnosed. It's funny how we make so many excuses for why we feel the way we do, especially when we're younger (new job, new relationship, etc...). At this point in my life there was nothing else they could blame it on. lol

I have two rescue dogs that I adopted in June and July and they help a lot. Having them around has been so comforting. My pittie seems to know when I am having a bad day and she will rest her head on me and cling. It's very therapeutic. Does your kitty do the same thing?

I try to walk daily too, even if it's just around the block. I used to work out daily using a blend of cardio and weights and now sometimes I can barely make it to the driveway. It's been very depressing. I just don't force myself and usually I can get out 3-4 times a week. When I do push myself I pay for it dearly the next day or two. I learned very quickly that I can't do that. How do you feel if you overdo it? Do you feel drained and have major fibro fog the next day?

I look forward to chatting with you more! Wishing you a pain-free day. =)

Hello!

Wesley definitely can tell when I am having a worse day, and will snuggle with me more intensely than normal. It sometimes worries me that there's something wrong with him, because I'm just so used to feeling awful that when he acts differently I never think to attribute it to how I'm feeling. Lol

Whenever I overdo things I tend to feel worn out for a few days following whatever I've done. I'll sleep more, and I'll have more pain in my joints (usually my ankles, knees, and hips specifically). The fibro fog seems to stay consistent no matter what I do, honestly.

I would definitely love to chat more (especially about your pups, as I am a huge fan of pitties!). Hope you have the best day possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back