Not open for further replies.

nhsososo4

Diagnosis
06/1995
Country
RSA
State
Western Cape
Pregnancy is a very joyous and stressful period for any women. The excitement of bringing a beautiful bundle of joy into this world is one of the greatest gifts that mother earth has given us. But such excitements do not always come alone as there is a great responsibility associated with it and thus leading to a lot of stress.

Living with the disorder or not and you are pregnant requires a lot of physical and emotional well being. Pregnancy comes with a lot of different stages, from your first 3 trimesters, labor, giving birth and looking after a young kid. These all can be very stressful of course some more serious than the others.

Do you think mothers living with fibrormyaglia are strong enough to deal with these stresses? Is it safe for the baby? Finally, are they not putting their lives at an even greater risk?

I think that it is possible but it will be a hell of a struggle. She would need a support team to help get her through those 9 months and even the 3 months afterwards where she has to rebuild her mind and body. It's an awful burden to bear for a woman with fibro. Are you considering having a baby? Not trying to pry, just curious.

Hi Roulling loud, i am not the one living with Fibromyalgia but my aunt. I am already pregnant and i am can give birth anytime from now, hence i was asking the question. I am in the process of pregnancy as we speak and the amount of strain and stress that i am going through can be unbearable at times. This is the reason i wanted to find out, because remember with the disorder comes a lot of responsibility and pregnancy too has its own complications.

Some people though have said that their pregnancy was as normal as everybody's and the disorder did not really play a huge rule. Then i guess, it also depends on the severity of the disorder for all we know, that i a major determining factor.

I am looking forward to hearing more responses though from people who have gone through it in particular. I think those are the people who will be able to tell us the actual facts.

WE think of fibromyalgia as a new disease, but in reality it has probably been with us for decades.

There was a time where everything a doctor could not easily diagnose on a female was relegated to her emotional distress. It was "hysterical" or caused by a poorly managed home life, but never a disease they wanted to treat. This means that there have been pregnant women suffering with fibromyalgia the whole time.

Yes, women can get through pregnancy while dealing with fibromyalgia, They have been doing so for years!

It is possible, but it is very hard when you're completely alone and there is no one else helping you. This is one of the most scary scenarios for me, or for any woman (fibro or not). Having a baby is a really big step in someone's life... for me one of the worst parts is the symptoms you get some months after giving birth (hormonal imbalances) they're quite scary and extremely severe on me! Having a child isn't a simple task for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back