Corvid

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
US
State
Hi all!

I'm new here. I haven't explored the forum much yet, but am looking forward to learning from others' wisdom and knowing I'm not alone.

I was officially diagnosed with fibro by my family doc about a year and a half ago, though I suspect I've had it a lot longer. My physical therapist thinks I have chronic fatigue rather than or in addition to the fibro based on my body's response to even the mildest exercise. Whatever. All my docs agree I'm not well. On top of the fibro, I also have degenerative disc disease and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, so pain and exhaustion are my constant companions.

I'm a single mom struggling to work full time and keep house and raise my child all by myself. Some days are better than others. Most days are torture. Sometimes I wonder if I can make it even one more step. Other times, I simply can't. Piles of undone laundry and dirty dishes I can ignore (sort of), but the worst feeling is when I have to look into my child's eyes and say, "I'm sorry. Mommy can't today."

So that's my intro.

Hi, Corvid! I just wanted to say hello, since I too am a new member. I feel for your situation, and wish I could offer more than just a friendly ear, but hopefully, that will help a little. My kids are all grown, so I can't even imagine how difficult your life must be right now, trying to raise a family on your own with this illness. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, and if you need someone to talk to, I am here.

Corvid,
Just a quick hello as I think I welcomed you in another post. I am enjoying reading the things you write and hope too that you have found the forum to be of some value to you in controlling your fibro. I look forward to your coming back and sharing more with other members. See you around the forum. :)

I completely know how u feel. I have a 10 year old and I constantly
Feel like I'm letting her down. I had to stop working a few months ago
Because the pain got to bad. I had a job on my feet all day and I couldn't
Do it. My hips were in pain my back and neck and bad headaches
Are a daily norm for me., But through it all I'm trying to cope and get through
One day at a time.

Hi , i am also new to here...

What things do you do to help yourself the most? Take care of yourself..its good for your daughter for you to feel as good as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back