Issues remembering things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this is a very serious issues and you should see a doctor as soon as possible. I don't know if it's linked to any other condition, but you should go in for a check up before things get worse. I really hope it was just stress and there's nothing to worry about. I would advise against self medicating...

Thanks, Amalia :) I've actually been suffering from this since I was young, I've seen way too many neurologists and they all tested me and there was nothing there. CT and MRI scans... everything normal. My doctors think I'm just making this up or probably I'm hungry for attention.

The weird thing is, everyone I know is having this problem. Me, my husband, his sister, friends & family... It's not just me. I wonder what other factors play into it? Age? Stress? Hmmm....

Sometimes I think there is an enviromental factor related to it... maybe all the contact we have with the radiation produced by the TV, the PC and the mobiles... I mean, everything must come with a consequence, isn't it? I'm guessing so, but I rather not think about it!

I also have short term memory problems. I write things down a lot. It seems as if when I get up in the morning, it takes half of the day to remember what I need to do that day. At night, my memory seems to be better so I write down what I need to do the next day. Then I can look at it first thing in the morning.

I've been told that if you want to remember something, you should repeat it to yourself several times in order to move it into long term memory. Don't know if that's true but it does seem to help me.

Hey Jay! Sorry to hear that! Have you talked about this with a doctor? It sound like you really have a big short-term memory issue :( But I'm glad you found a way to cope with it! I'm glad your system is working to help you remember :) Sometimes I forget what I'm going to do, like for example when I'm walking towards the kitchen! Going back to the previous room usually helps me remember :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back