Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
I've noticed that my body coordination has always been bad, but it has gotten way worse in the last years! I also have balance issues, sometimes I have to grab onto something or someone if I don't want to fall on the floor! But I'd say my coordination issues are worse, not only body-wise... I find myself having a hard time coordinating my own thoughts and speech sometimes. I do experience strange episodes of confussion from time to time... which is so scary!

I've been working out using a very simple workout video, I've watched it several times... but I just can't coordinate my movements right! The moves aren't even hard or too fast... I just can't coordinate! I see the moves with my eyes, but my body can't follow! So frustrating!

Have any of you ever experienced coordination issues?

All the time..feeling like a drunken sailor on shore! I've tried videos for exercise but by the time I can't get the move right they are on to the next!
Speech is getting to be a problem as well, I just can't form the words, or I use the wrong ones.
The newest thing for me is not being able to understand when someone is talking to me. I hear them but what they are saying doesn't go in my brain right.. I need to have things repeated again and again then explained as to what they mean.

The best video I have found is just a simple yoga with movement ( Jillian michaels) if I'm allowed to put that. It's pretty good not to fast so I can keep up.

I think many of us are just clumsy or uncoordinated, I'm not sure of the correlation to fibromyalgia. It could be that our bodies are constantly ebbing and flowing from pain to less pain, so perhaps, this is your present situation.

I understand the coordination/speech issues...it can be very a bit of an issue and quite embarrassing, especially if you are with people who do not know your situation. I find it goes along with brain fog and confusion. Sometimes its so bad I cant be left alone in public.

I try to be light hearted about it, make fun of myself...Try to think of it as having a constant buzz. I believe, ( I have no scientific basis for this belief), that it is related to our orthostatic intolerance. I find that the longer I am upright, the worse it gets. This is just based on personal experience of 25yrs with this lovely disease.

Laughing is what has helped more than anything else. :grin: Laughter and a support system.

A couple friends with fibro explained to me recently that sufferers have difficulty descending into deep stage 4 sleep. This means your body and your brain don't have the restful time to process that they need.
I've been clumsier since fibro as well, and I think it's because my brain and my body can't work well together when they're not getting rest.

Right now I'm trying a supplement called Sedaplex that seems to be helping my sleep a little; I haven't had prolonged episodes of fog in the 3 days I've been taking it. It's got valerian and hops and skullcap and passionflower, all those restful herbs, and so I tend to sleep more deeply and wake in less pain.

I had this problem initially, yes. To be honest, I'm not sure if it was fibro, or a product of the meds I was on. I can tell you that Lyrica made me act like a drunk, both mentally and physically. It just made me flat out stupid.

What kind of work out are you doing? Maybe you need to do something that isn't so active? I'm not sure what you're doing, so I can't say for sure.

I was trying to workout with the ''Pump it up'' cardio workout video. But it's so hard to follow up the dance moves, at least some of them, the most intense ones are just impossible to follow. I guess I'm just an extremely slow girl... I've always have coordination issues since I was a kid.

A couple friends with fibro explained to me recently that sufferers have difficulty descending into deep stage 4 sleep. This means your body and your brain don't have the restful time to process that they need.
I've been clumsier since fibro as well, and I think it's because my brain and my body can't work well together when they're not getting rest.

Right now I'm trying a supplement called Sedaplex that seems to be helping my sleep a little; I haven't had prolonged episodes of fog in the 3 days I've been taking it. It's got valerian and hops and skullcap and passionflower, all those restful herbs, and so I tend to sleep more deeply and wake in less pain.

Wow! Thanks a lot for the info! That actually explains why I feel so slow at times and super clumsy, lol! Wow, I had no idea fibro could actually do this to you! That sucks! I also feel like I no longer really sleep, I mean... not the kind of deep sleep most people usually claim they get every night. It's good to know there might be a reason for that and this issue isn't that rare :) I'll try that ;)

I understand the coordination/speech issues...it can be very a bit of an issue and quite embarrassing, especially if you are with people who do not know your situation. I find it goes along with brain fog and confusion. Sometimes its so bad I cant be left alone in public.

I try to be light hearted about it, make fun of myself...Try to think of it as having a constant buzz. I believe, ( I have no scientific basis for this belief), that it is related to our orthostatic intolerance. I find that the longer I am upright, the worse it gets. This is just based on personal experience of 25yrs with this lovely disease.

Laughing is what has helped more than anything else. :grin: Laughter and a support system.

I'm trying to do this :) I'm trying to act really hard like I really don't care anymore, so hopely I'll one day be able to beleive everything is fine, and nothing will be able to convince me it isn't so! That's good enough for me :) By the way, I love you attitude :) The last 2 days I've been trying to act and look more confident, also feel beautiful again... it's been amazing!

I think many of us are just clumsy or uncoordinated, I'm not sure of the correlation to fibromyalgia. It could be that our bodies are constantly ebbing and flowing from pain to less pain, so perhaps, this is your present situation.

I think there is a huge link between our fibro and our brains, since according to my doctor is the brain the organ who processes all those pain signals and so on. So I'd not be surprised it it was indeed our brain causing this. That would explain the dreaded fog, I think.

All the time..feeling like a drunken sailor on shore! I've tried videos for exercise but by the time I can't get the move right they are on to the next!
Speech is getting to be a problem as well, I just can't form the words, or I use the wrong ones.
The newest thing for me is not being able to understand when someone is talking to me. I hear them but what they are saying doesn't go in my brain right.. I need to have things repeated again and again then explained as to what they mean.

The best video I have found is just a simple yoga with movement ( Jillian michaels) if I'm allowed to put that. It's pretty good not to fast so I can keep up.

Sorry to hear that :( Sometimes I have sort moments of total confussion, like for example forgetting how a substract or divide. I know it sounds crazy, but it does happen to me from time to time! I try to take it calmly tho, since I have no choice. My coordination issues are not such a huge issue now that I think about it. I guess I just need to watch the video other 100,000 times before I can get the moves right :lol:

Oh yeah, I have that video as well, but I haven't really tried it :) I heard is really good for losing weight!

Well I haven Tolstoy weight but I'm not as dedicated as I should be.. I'm trying to walk at least a kilometre everyday and I've gone 6 days with no gluten ..I still feel like crap but I'm going to give it more time...but I miss my breads and pasta...my dr said well you should lose weight just cutting out the gluten so we shall see. It can't hurt..
My body is doing a new thing in the cold though..I'll put it another post

Sorry to hear you're not feeling weight :( Losing weight can be so hard sometimes... I was having a hard time losing mine with my damn insuline resistance! Are you sure you don't have that as well? I recall reading a thread of yours (I think) where you mentioned you felt so tired after eating. That's a clear sign of insuline resistance (most of the times). This makes losing weight even harder than it already is!

Kudos on keep on moving :) I know how you feel, I'm supposed to vut the carbs too... but I love carbs and they're one of the few things I still enjoy eating :( I love bread, pasta and rice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back