Not open for further replies.

debdeb713

Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
ID
I am new to this group and I have been a fibro sufferer for over 5 years. My prayers r with everyone in this group! I, like many of u, have many other health issues also. I was just recently diagnosed with gastroparesis and was wondering if anyone else with fibro has this. The doctor told me it is not related to the fibro, bit isn't your stomach a muscle? Any help would b appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. I have heard of your condition because a relative of mine has this condition. Your doctor is correct in saying this is not related to fibro. My relative got her gastroparesis through a very bad infection that she had unknowingly let go to long. She had cut her toe and it got infected. By the time she went to a doctor it is really bad and he suggested having the toe removed. Instead of listening she went to another doctor who gave her over the counter antibodies and the toe healed on the outside but not inside. The infection spread to her spine.

Fibro causes severe muscle pain and weakness, and fatigue. The muscles are still useable, but are very painful in that use. I hope your doctor is taking good care of you and if you do a web search for your condition I am sure you will find more info on it.

In the meantime please read through the topics and maybe you will find some helpful hints and coping skills for managing your fibro. Ask questions and post where ever you want to.

Glad you found us. Hope you feel better and gain the knowledge your looking for so you understand your conditions better. :)

The stomach is made of muscular tissue. However, there are different types of muscles. There are more nerve endings in striated, skeletal muscles than in the muscle of organs such as the stomach. However, I think it is a little presumptious to say that gastroparesis is not related to Firbromyalgia. I am not saying I know they do, however, there is enough reason to investigate the relationship between the two, and not just blow it up.

Gastroparesis - for those who do not know what it is - is a mysterious condition where a persons stomach has a problem trying to empty itself. This condition exists where there is no blockage. They do not know what cause it. There is so much they do not know, I just don't see how they can just assume there is no relationship.

Thanks so much for the input. Guess I'm just frustrated that on top of the fibro, more medical issues :-(. Guess I was hoping it was all related.

Hello and welcome to the forum! I am also new here, and while I am not personally affected by fibro, my mother was diagnosed when I was very young so I have grown up around it, and I can sympathize to an extent. This forum has been very eye opening thus far for me, since my mom never really talked about it.

I am new to this group and I have been a fibro sufferer for over 5 years. My prayers r with everyone in this group! I, like many of u, have many other health issues also. I was just recently diagnosed with gastroparesis and was wondering if anyone else with fibro has this. The doctor told me it is not related to the fibro, bit isn't your stomach a muscle? Any help would b appreciated! Thanks!

Hi Deb! Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you have stomach issues, I also have a lot gastrointestinal issues. I don't suffer from the disease you mentioned tho (not that I know of), but I do suffer from colitis, IBS, gastritis and stomach ulcers. I heard those diseases are common among fibro patients. Just like is anxiety and depression :(

There are so many things we don't understand about fibro, I know how useless some doctors can be! My doctors rarely clear my doubts, but it's great to have a forum like this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back