Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2007
Country
US
State
nebraska
I have had fibromyalgia since 2007 and daily activities are a task ... oh sure I can do them just takes me three times longer than it used to .. and the over all achiness of my body is crippling at times but I try to smile and say hey could be worse .. I am really frustrated I live in Nebraska and I cant get insurance through state ( Medicaid ) cause I don't fit the criteria to be considered disabled but I am too high risk to get insurance .. the federal market say I am uninsurable due to my health issues . My husband is on disability he has Pyoderma Gangrenosum and after 2 years they amputated his leg above the knee, so I am caring for him best I can...so that is my life. :razz:

Welcome! I am new here too. I don't know if I have Fibro. going through lots of testing. I'm an 80% Disabled Vet and retired from the Navy so my medical is taken care of. When I next go in to see my VA counselor I will ask her to help me find some information on Medical assistance in Nebraska. No all Vets who have VA assistance are disabled enough to get medical, however all vets are supposed to get support and assistance. They may have information or at least something to point you tp an easier path to getting medical treatment.

I wish you well, and will post back after my next visit.

Last edited:
Welcome both. It's a crappy way to meet ppl but we all have a common bond. We hurt . Most ppl with fibro don't get government help . Here in the uk you would have to be nearly dead before you got any help. No I'm wrong there im pretty sure u need to be dead before you got any help.in fact I'm sure they would dig me up and check just to make sure lol.
Pp, here keep me going when I'm down ,make me laugh or just make me feel less alone. I have the flu like ache all of the time and it sucks.
Can u image if there was a village where we all lived and ever week there was a fibro meeting .no one would turn up we all hurt to much.
So here we are in though if not deed. Welcome to the clan. Yes your now members I'd make us all a pin or a cloak but my hands hurt to much .that and I can't sew. Oh and as for explaining fibro to anyone just show them a zombie movie and point to the one crawling across the floor and say look there I am .hehe.hugs xxxx

Hi .BigSquishy, I appreciate your help .. I don't know if this will change your mind , but I am not a Vet. I have great respect for those who have served. Honestly if it came down to whether I got medical help or a Veteran.... I would stand back and let the Veteran as they are far more worthy than I . NO I am not being noble or a saint ... I just respect all of you who put your life on the line for strangers. I dont know why it has to be so difficult to get a disability . I am so tired of fighting for it, I cant work with this excruciating pain that is wrecking havoc on my body but I am uninsurable by the Federal Market place and Nebraska's Medicaid laws ...any how have a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HEALTHY NEW YEAR>....

Hello Forgetmenot.
Personally, you have made me laugh in the first few moments of reading your post .. the laughing made me happy and hurt like hell.... but hey least I know I am still alive ... I do not understand how one person who puts their pants on the same as I do ( except for those ppl who only have 1 leg and bounce off the bed and into their pants) can judge whether I am a viable human being ... If all those of a certain age, weight and social standard and poor health are to just die already .. tell me who is going to work to keep the country going? The young men and woman in my area are a worthless as tits on a boar ... or so lazy they have a cap on that reminds them to breathe in ... breathe out ..I hope you get my point .. > America the land of the free .. is becoming some place I don't recognize . The health care reform was to make it so all could get medical help ... ha I guess I wasn't in the all cause I am uninsurable according to the government guidelines.. NOW that their is a load of sheep .... dooo . so here I am in pain . and cant see a doctor because ... I dont have insurance .. so perhaps you could loan me a shovel .... I think I need to start digging my own hole to crawl into .. .. so here across the pond it isn't much better .. but hey I am still above the ground and not pushing up any daisies of course friends tell me I would just pollute the ground so no flowers will grown on my grave .. maybe thistles or weeds but not flowers

Nickeltimmie, have you contacted a navigator to help with insurance? I used one when I thought I couldn't get it here in Maine...and with his help, I did. I'd keep trying. You cannot be denied insurance due to existing diagnoses. There's a list of them at the Nebraska gov website in the Dept of Insurance. Don't give up. I'll be thinking of you.

Hi, Loftpat, I contacted public health, Dept of Human Services, The Federal Marketplace , the Federal health care Management . and some others .. and unfortunately the way the insurance is all set up .. is if you are below 15,000 a year... Federal Law mandates you get Medicate EXCEPT for those states that only allow you to be on Medicaid if you are deemed disabled .So in order for me to get insurance I need a Medical Doctor to say these words .... Her Fibromyalgia impacts her life to the point she is unable to function and hold a job .. her over all pain the radiated through out her body making her ache all over ... and then give details about the fibromyalgia .. Any way, none of the doctor I had will see me because you guessed it NO INSURANCE... and no one will even allow payments ... so I just out of luck ... I am going to continue to try and fight to get on Medicaid so that I can get help .. but I only have til January 5 to get a rheumatoid doctor or nerve doctor ... someone who specialize in fibromyalgia ... . thanks for the advice I do appreciate it . I received a letter from the federal market place that says I do not meet the qualifications to get health care coverage ...uninsurable .. due to income. Because you live in Nebraska you will not be penalized for not having insurance .. WE suggest you contact 211 on your phone to find the nearest community health clinic ..good luck .. Well so I shall continue on my quest to get disability and be covered under Medicaid.
Thanks for thinking of me .. do appreciate it .. have a good one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back