Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NJ
Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to read my story. I enough of my symptoms were consistent with fibro to give it a shot.

About a month ago, my left leg developed a sensation somewhere between a dull ache and tickle that ran from my groin to my feet plus a feeling like an electrical charge was running through the entire leg causing my muscles to feel jittery. Added to this was an "effervescent" sensation in my skin. This was accompanied by muscle fatigue in the leg whenever walking or climbing stairs. A few days after, the twitches began, starting in my left quad and calf and eventually migrating to my toes and glute.

Over the next few weeks, the twitches spread, in succession, to my right calf, back, shoulders and arms. My left glute continually feels like I've just finished 100 squats and my left calf/ankle feels tight on and off. In the last week or so, I've developed mild cramps in my calves that come and go along with constant stiffness/soreness in the trap and lat muscles of my back. I also periodically experience overall fatigue accompanied by shaky arms and hands that comes and goes with no rhyme or reason, usually in sync with the discomfort in my back.

I should also point out that I saw a neuro on last week. All reflexes were normal with no clinical weakness. I also had a blood screen for lyme, vitamin D and B12, muscle inflamation and a few other markers for which all came back normal.

BTW, I'm a male in my 60s and have had similar symptoms several years ago that resolved themselves after about a year during which I was unable to obtain a diagnosis despite seeing two neurologists, multiple EMGs and a spinal MRI.

I was also recently "retired" from my job of 25 years and had hoped to enjoy a productive retirement until these symptoms showed up. Instead, I'm left sitting home with little energy to do anything enjoyable and fearing the worst. In fact, I'm almost at the point I would welcome a fibro diagnosis.

Would appreciate any thoughts from the good folks in this forum.

Thanks everyone!

welcome

thats a hard one it could be restless leg chronic fatigue chronic pain or fibro they all have ranges from mild to severe

best way is to fight and dont take no from anyone keep trying RAs tips if a ra wants trigger or tender spots my

opinion run everyone on earth has them a good ra gets history sits you down mt ra took over a hour or so just talking getting

my life's history and story then tests the ra new instantly new from the talk i had chronic pain and fatigue and fibro for my whole

life from talking to me thats what a good ra should be able to do but there hard to find look the forum over cmetryme talks about

keeping logs and journals of symptoms days levels i would add weather and baramitor to it be as through as you can its a puzzle

the more you can help the faster the puzzle hopefully gets solved

good luck take care

Very good reply. I agree anything to take your mind off your pain makes for a much better day. I love reading and writing, puzzles and jigsaw puzzles, playing free games on FB, and on homeschooling sites. By doing things that reduce stress the better you can cope with daily living. :)

I can't add must to what's been said. But do ask your Dr about CFS and Fibro .

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I'm scheduled for a followup with the neuro. If that turns out non-productive, I'll visit an RA to explore fibro, CFS, etc. to hopefully find an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back