Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that there are so many symptoms! And also, because Fibro is so difficult to treat, I think that doctors would genuinely rather do anything other than diagnose that - because then a lot of difficulties start when it comes to trying to put a patient on a "treatment plan". I am hoping that as research develops, it will become a little bit easier to diagnose and treat, because this will have a huge difference on the lives of patients who are currently living without much hope of a life free of Fibro!

My very first symptom was pain in my feet 10 years ago this summer...I was told it was plantar faciites too! My GP told me to roll my feet on a empty cola bottle filled with iced water.

I remember going on holiday and my feet hurt so much i tried to sit on a 4 inch window ledge at the airport while standing in the queue waiting to board.

I didn't seek other treatments and after few weeks it went away. A year later the same kind of pain started to spread through out my body.

Like you Eyesup it wasn't plantar faciitis at all but at the start doctors go with what they know.

As the pain spread I was told I had a frozen shoulder and offered steroid injections and chondromalacia patella in my knee....none of which was true despite scans and xrays.

Like you say it's all very hit and miss about what is fibro and what could be something else.... i don't think the doctors know until you get so many different pains and symptoms and no regular treatments have any impact.

Just curious, Willow... do you still get that odd pain on the sole of your feet? I do. I thought it was just plantar fasciitis, but after reading your post I wonder if it could be linked to this? Some days ago the pain in that whole leg was so bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back