Is Fibromyalgia hereditary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father had it and my brother has it along with neurophy (? spelling numbness). I so far am the only female in the family that now has it. Starting earlier this year after Vitamin D deficiency was found and my muscles became very week. We are told to stay out of the sun aren't we or put on spf or cover up. Vitamin D deficiency is now an epidemic. I can only lift 3-4 pounds now and that cripples me to clean my house and go grocery shopping and I was laid off 2 months ago. Now I have Fibro. My brother is younger and my older sister and younger sister do not have it. I am 57 and I do think yes part of it is hereditary and maybe something can bring it on. One thing I have just read from the book The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution by Jacob Teitelbaum, MD says it is like your body has had a blown fuse. Too much has taken over and this is how your body has responded. I know I was beaten as a child, in 2006 my horse died in a terrible way and I have had to do everything, since my husband is an asthmatic. I think in this case hereditary and over loaded body did blow a fuse.

Hey guys. I did a video blog about this a long time ago...

Not Allowed!

Last edited by a moderator:
My father had it and my brother has it along with neurophy (? spelling numbness). I so far am the only female in the family that now has it. Starting earlier this year after Vitamin D deficiency was found and my muscles became very week. We are told to stay out of the sun aren't we or put on spf or cover up. Vitamin D deficiency is now an epidemic. I can only lift 3-4 pounds now and that cripples me to clean my house and go grocery shopping and I was laid off 2 months ago. Now I have Fibro. My brother is younger and my older sister and younger sister do not have it. I am 57 and I do think yes part of it is hereditary and maybe something can bring it on. One thing I have just read from the book The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution by Jacob Teitelbaum, MD says it is like your body has had a blown fuse. Too much has taken over and this is how your body has responded. I know I was beaten as a child, in 2006 my horse died in a terrible way and I have had to do everything, since my husband is an asthmatic. I think in this case hereditary and over loaded body did blow a fuse.

It was one of the many diseases my mother claimed to have that I didn't quite believe. Sometimes I wonder if my current situation is her getting revenge. (I doubt it. I never made fun of her for that. Plus, it's more than likely she did have it, and I just got the genetic code for it.

Fibromyalgia has been called many things in the past like chronic fatigue syndrom, also fibromyalgia was suppose to be a female problem, now that men are having similiar issues it is ok to talk about it more openly. I have seen some documents stating it maybe passed down like bipolar is passed down in a family.

I believe a lot of my family members all female had FM.

Fibromyalgia is a common syndrome in which a person has long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in joints, muscles, and other soft tissues.

I READ in science mag article on a new cell was discovered called the B cell which attachéd strictly to the X chromosomes . Women are XX chromes and men are XY CHROMES. That's was one on the explanations in the article why women seen to be more susceptible to autoimmune diseases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back