Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
OH
Hi, Just wondering if anybody else craves ice cream during a "flare-up? When I'm hurting, I'm not satisfied until I get a bowl of ice cream! I am learning about Serotonin and Dopimine,and how our levels are too low. I figure that is when I want chocolate, to build the "feel good" chemicals back up. I was checked for sugar and it was normal! How about it, Anyone want a big bowl of ice cream right now? This is my second night on Trazadone, I wonder if my cravings will go away soon?

When the body is dis-regulated it's pretty normal to crave things that our head feels that might help, who knows if they don't really help?

True Gelsemium! I know I always feel better afterwards! Let's face it...We Fibro people are all messed up! LOL! I guess it runs in the family! Ha! Ha! I think ice cream and laughter just might be the cure! Soft Hugs.

Flare up=feed me chocolate. Rocky road or some ben and jerry's phish food would hit the spot right now. Hope everyone is having a comfortable day.

I wonder why the flare ups ask for sweets, is there a real connection and the body has a need for sugar or is it something mental?

Not ice cream, but dark dark chocolate. Dark chocolate releases endorphins that can help with pain.

My sister's Mother-In-Law has Fibro. She craved ice cream really bad. Her nutritionist told her it meant her body was needing Selenium. She took it and quit needing sooo many bowls of ice cream.When I was there, She was eating 3-4 bowls a day.She didn't have sugar either. I bought Selenium,but I don't know the amount to take. I figure it's worth a try. I will keep doing research on it.

Haha, YES! Every time I have a bad flare I feel like I need ice cream. I've even made a late-night run to Walgreen's to get some Ben & Jerry's once when I was really desperate.

I remember when I was a Teen I would go nuts for ice cubes. I would eat the whole tray and couldn't wait until I could freeze more. I just could not get a cold drink cold enough to satisfy me. I didn't know why this was happening, The Doctor finally said it was a Thyroid disorder. When I was given the right Thyroid medication my craving for ice completely stopped. I never did it again. So yes your body does sometimes crave things it is missing.

HELL YEAH! I wanna commit carbicide so bad right now, lol. Ifi t was for me I'd eat a whole bowl of peppermint choco chips ice cream, plus another bowl of my fav chocolate ice cream! I just need to feel good right now, I usually eat something when I'm feeling kinda down or in pain.

I crave ice cream every day. I just ate some. I always figured it's because ever since a kid, I won't drink milk. I hate it. Body just needed some dairy maybe. I drink Almond Milk now.

LOL this is too funny! I thought it was just me! OMG! when I am in a bad flare up- I NEED ice cream so bad, it is like needing a drug! and yes, there is a connection with getting ice cream or chocolate that triggers our "reward" center and floods us with seretonin and dopamine.
For the time it takes me to sit and just eat my ice cream, the world isn't so bad. For that little bit, I feel good and so satisfied. Even after for like 1-2 hrs the pain and depression are not so bad.

True Gelsemium! I know I always feel better afterwards! Let's face it...We Fibro people are all messed up! LOL! I guess it runs in the family! Ha! Ha! I think ice cream and laughter just might be the cure! Soft Hugs.

Don't know about the ice cream haha, but laughing is scientifically proven that helps the healing process! :)

LOL this is too funny! I thought it was just me! OMG! when I am in a bad flare up- I NEED ice cream so bad, it is like needing a drug! and yes, there is a connection with getting ice cream or chocolate that triggers our "reward" center and floods us with seretonin and dopamine.
For the time it takes me to sit and just eat my ice cream, the world isn't so bad. For that little bit, I feel good and so satisfied. Even after for like 1-2 hrs the pain and depression are not so bad.

Same here! When I'm eating anything sweet life is so sweet! I can't think of all my problems for that moment. But since I'm on a diet... once I'm done I feel super guilty, but I feel less tired and pain :O Too bad it can make us fat! :mrgreen:

Craving sweets, not necessarily ice cream, is a sign that the body wants more calories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back