DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
EU
State
Earth
Hi,

I was wondering whether there are more of us suffering from this. It seems to only get worse and worse with me for the past year.

It starts 10 days before my period, the start of a flare. Fatigue, weird aches and pain, sleepless nights due to pain & restlessness (despite sleeping pills), 24 hour headaches, depressive thoughts, IBS etc.

My PMS has always been a rough time of the month, but they were limited to the backaches, mood swings, binge eating, nightmares and moderate IBS issues. However, this past year it is seriously becoming unbearable. But my fibro has been getting worse in the past 2 years as well, so I don't know whether the two are related. In fact, I don't know whether it is a flare or my PMS getting worse as I am getting closer to menopause. I know I have to go to the gynecologist, but that is one doctor I truly hate going to (also due to pain in my vulva and years of shame/self hatred.)

Anyone else experience this very bad PMS that feels like or is a flare?

You and I seem to suffer very similar problem in many situations so much so I felt like I'm stalking you through your posts by accident :shock: ( I swear I'm not :oops:). I always have horrible Periods . My histories of bad period is very long one do to my hyper ovarian activities. I often gets heavy long over 10 days period sometimes double ( 20 days) and fever during period. It was so bad I went and donated my eggs just to see if I could find the possitive way to get rid of them which I have no regret of doing so . Sadly there was an incident which somewhat contributed to my fibro it was horrific but I came out with lesser period till one day I stop having period completely for over 2 years ( yess!!! ) . I was finally free I thought, but when fibro finally show the dark side more and more harder struggling trying to get healthy. I suddenly got my period back ( dawn it! Too healthy I guess) now my double period causing my anemia to blow up and PMS omg it brought me so many intense flare up from head to my toes. My fibro fog would be so bad, thinking and speaking are out of order ( like a broken robot) . I'm completely handicap. Luckily some month I might get shorter period but still lots of flare up. My vitamins and minerals deficiency started because of my double period problem. It's absolutely no laughing matter. Everytime I hear the word PMS I automatic felt like a punch in my stomach . Please try to get as much sleep as you can cause I'm doing anything that I can think of to knock me out to sleep a lot during periods cause it's the only thing thing I can think of to escaping the horror but restless legs and sleep disturbances kept getting in the way. I'll even goes as far as getting drunk even if my stomach won't agree with me. I've learn that little amount of alcohol consumption can reduce the cramping pain of period thus for lesser the flare up, but I don't have full evidence to prove it yet. I just know I need to pass out as fast and as long as possible. And oh yes 10 or more days before my period is the aches and painful waiting for the worse to come. Lots of hot dead sea salt bath I usually do just to lesser the feeling of what's coming next.

Last edited:
Oh no! I just realized, I should have make it clear that personally I can't really drink much so I'm not saying that would help anyone , it was just that PMS has brought up lots of dark side in me and I can goes really crazy when it happen just to find any comfort and rest sometimes. Cause during PMS my logic can get completely wack out as a momentary of sanity. Forgive me for not making it clear from the start.

I have additional symptoms relating to my endometriosis, but i have noticed over the years that as my fibro has gotten worse so has my pms. Before they finally officially diagnosed me I always just chalked it up to pms, but after thinking back on my symptoms I definitely have noticed a correlation.

Unfortunately I haven't found many things that help. The fatigue and fog are definitely the worst parts for me in the week leading up to my period. I can't eat much more than toast and water when it gets really bad.

If you find anything that helps ease it I would definitely love to know.

Hi all,

I always had pain and sickness during my period.Just very sick.When I got in my mid thirties I started experiencing severe pms.I never knew what it was before that.I was moody and irritable and weak and tired.Now that I don't get it anymore do to surgery.Moodiness and getting down and being really sick are gone.
Now I have Fibromyalgia,us woman can't win!!
Men have no clue what it's like to be a woman.
They have it easy lol.

Sagey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back