Status
Not open for further replies.
I have multiple symptoms but most concerning is subclinical leg and feet weakness, lack of muscle tone in calves. The small muscles on top of the feet are barely present. The biopsy is supposed to come from the left gastroc.

ANYTIME I am standing or walking my legs hurt. A constant weak feeling. More and more of a strain to stand or walk. If I lay down I feel much better.

Neuro says gastrocs muscles are firm when flexed. I pointed out they get very flat when flexed. Seems puzzled on that and won't comment at their floppy state when relaxed. He has never been alarmed by this. I know it is a major change in how my legs looked, felt and functioned 15 months ago.

He does not seem alarmed clinically as he still has found no clinical weakness or reflex concerns. But is at a loss for what is causing this.

He says a biopsy is the last thing he knows to check

THANK YOU, TRFOGEY. For the first time since this began for me I can understand why neuro hasnt said " ALS definitely". He is testing further. PBP and speech and spasticity on left arm and hand are affected. He said it is motor neuron desease and it occasionally takes a longer to give ALS as diagnosis. I will have to ask him at next appt in March to clear more up for me and tell me whether my tests are "clean" on the EMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back