Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1995
Country
US
State
PA
Symptom management is the hardest part of fibro, because it is hard to know when the symptoms of fibro end, and where a new illness might be begining. Also the no cure sends us for a loop, when all we want is for it to go away so we can enjoy life and be productive.

This is a list of things you can do to take care of yourself and hopefully see some improvements in your daily living.

Write a journal, Tell your story, Exercise, Educate yourself, Dream and hope, Sing, Listen to music, Pray, Make music, Meditate, Relax, Play, Have fun, Take risks in trying new things, Dance, Make art, Enjoy nature, Eat well, Meet basic needs, Raise plants, Seek help, Admit the abuse by others, Read or listen to books on tape, Watch sunrises and sunsets, Take vacations, Weight your options, Live one day at a time, Use affirmations, Watch movies, Do what you enjoy, Find listeners, Say no, set boundaries, Feel safe, Play with animals, Laugh, and Talk, Do hobbies.

It might work to tape this list to a wall at home or work to remind yourself to do something good for yourself each day. The tricky part is allowing ourselves to set aside some time each day to do at least one thing that makes you feel good.

Positive thinking and healthy choices can reduce the severity of the symptoms and the stressfulness in our lives. :)

Thanks and thanks again.... I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I get so absorbed in feeling pain and tiredness I forget about the day... I'm going to write some of those down and sticky note them through the house...

I love coming on here and seeing the positive comments people make to each other! It brightens my days.. I can be very negative but just a little post can turn the day around... Trying to be more positive in every day life .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back