Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
sc
Does anyone experience more than normal joint cracking? When I fist started feeling I'll I was experiencing many of my joints constantly cracking and still do. Is this a symptom of FMS? Or should I continue looking into another diagnosis? Also, my hands are often swollen, is this normal as well?

Your feedback is much appreciated

Tracey

Hello and welcome to the forum. Have you seen a Rheumatologist? While your symptoms may be part of fibro, have you been tested for other forms of arthritis like RA or lupus, or lymes disease. RA affects the joints and fibro affects the muscles. By the way joint cracking is harmless from what I have heard. However, swollen hands or joint pain could mean that another disease process is at work. Talk with your doctor about having more testing done to rule out the other types of arthritis. :)

But while your here please take time to read more about fibro and pain management and also alternatives ways of dealing with bad symptoms. Be sure to read the back posts as well and ask any questions that come to mind. Glad you found us! :)

Thank you for responding :) Yes I was negative for Lyme, Lupus, and RA. They also did an ultrasound on my hand and wrist to check for blood flow and inflammation. It just worries me because up until I got sick I never experienced any cracking. I'm also freaking out about going back to school. I just started cosmetology school and we are now out on the floor taking clients. I can't be on my feet for more than an hour before my feet start burning and I can't hold my weight. Any suggestions on for being on your feet for eight ours straight. Up to three months ago I have always been a very active happy person, this is really tarring me down and I'm afraid I'll never be happy me again :-(

A thought just came to me could you ask your instructers if you could use a tall bar stool. That way you could sit down for part of the time yet continue working. It might be a bit akward at first but if you tell them a bit about your health problem they may be nice enough to let you do it.
I have found others to be very helpful if you ask nicely and keep a level head, no crying, but express your need that you so want to finish the course and how much you enjoy the course. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and pray that it all works out for you. :)

Does anyone experience more than normal joint cracking? When I fist started feeling I'll I was experiencing many of my joints constantly cracking and still do. Is this a symptom of FMS? Or should I continue looking into another diagnosis? Also, my hands are often swollen, is this normal as well?

Your feedback is much appreciated

Tracey

Tracey, swollen joints sound more like arthritis. You should really see a good rheumatologist, because it sounds like you suffer from a really severe case arthritis (hands). Do you have any other symptoms apart from cracking/swollen joints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back