Not open for further replies.

nvdiver

Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
NV
I finally got the diagnosis that I have FM, it has been a long time coming and to be truthful I honestly believed that it would be FM long before my doctor settled on it. I have had unexplained hip, low back and joint pain with no inflammation found for years. It has become more intense and frequent in the spikes. The hip pain is present 24/7 and can be just a mild nag to almost to wear I can't walk.

I have suffered with sleeplessness and anxiety for the last 3 years or so. My doctor has been great and done more research and attended recent seminars in an effort to assist him in providing me better care.

I just found this and one other forum and will eventually get through many of the threads to see what you all have had success with and what you haven't, I know we are all different and what works for one might not the other.

I found an app for my phone and tablet specific to pain tracking and have begun to keep a journal of sorts to track the amount, duration etc of my episodes so I can give the doctor an idea of what happens day to day with some clarity, as my memory is awful these days and seems to be getting worse.

I have a couple of family members and friends who have FM (all females) and have had occasion to chat with them and have found that theirs seems to be much worse than mine (I can't imagine), one of them is completely disabled from working because of it.

My biggest challenge is getting those who don't understand that you can have a lot of pain with nothing to indicate why. My spouse struggles with it and the varied types and amounts of medications I have tried or am trying to control the pain. That is almost as frustrating as the pain and knowing that right now there is little to nothing available to ease it. It is a matter of time and trial and error.

It is nice to have a place to go to vent. Thanks to all of you for your support and understanding. I don't have much to offer at this point accept the fact that I know and understand where you are coming from, as you do me.

Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new here as well and still reading through things. I don't know much, except that I hurt and am wincing and whining around as we speak. I just bumped the inside of my knee of the chair. Yeah, I cried. I understand your frustration with the medicine. I've only tried 2 so far and I'm trying the vitamin/supplement route right now. I don't think that is working either. I don't like meds that mess with my head. I'm really struggling in the fact that even though I feel weirded out on a med, it's better than the pain I feel right this second. Then, I second guess that thought, too. I'm a mess. I'm going to look up an app like you mentioned. I think that's a great idea. I hope you find something that works for you and makes you feel better soon. :)

I am sorry to hear you have Fibro. But I think sometimes the diagnosis can be at least a relief. You know what is wrong. And you know doctors are finally listening when they take the time to figure out that you do have Fibro.

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you also suffer from FM, but I must say you are extremely lucky for finding such an amzing doctors! Not many doctors do what yours is doing! I was like wow! It must be so awesome to have a doctor who reallys cares, and even reasearches and goes to seminars just to understand this disease even more. It sounds to me like you are in really good hands :)

As for treatments... I'd suggest you to research a medication before even starting it. I gained a lot weight while I was on amitriptiline a few years ago... nearly 80 pounds. Fortunately I dropped all that weight 3 years ago. Be careful with the meds you take, for some reason the doctors rarely talk about the side effects of the meds they prescribe.

NATURALHEALER: I'm an advocate of medical marijuana, but I don't think you should be advertising your products in this forum. I'm quite positive this is against the rules of this forum, and with good reason because the forum admin wants to protect the users of this forum from scams or dangerous products.

Hello,
I am facing one issue with my throat. It is paining while eating or drinking anything. what it will be an any ideas?.
Thanks

Have you considered you might have a normal sore throat that can be caused by a cold or your sinus fluid draining down the back of your throat, or another possibility is strep throat. In the fall and during the winter, I get sinus drainage that often makes my throat feel raw. Your dentist could prescribe numbing medication that can help. One other suggestion is did could be tonsillis. A trip to your dentist or family doctor, could give you a clear diagnosis. Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back