New to Fibro, but not to chronic illnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essieluv

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
NY
Hey everybody, my name is Jess. I have recently been diagnosed with Fibro, however chronic illnesses are nothing new to me. I was diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease three years ago. I was on the edge of going septic and just barely escaped dying; scary and not fun. I also have enteropathic arthritis, asthma, tachycardia, IBS, drug-induced lupus, pilonidal disease, chronic migraines, and lactose intolerance...I think I got it all. Although I have just recently been daignosed with both arthritis and fibro, I have been having symptoms for years.

As of now, I am on Flexeril and amitriptyline to manage my latest fibro flare.

I should mention that I am almost 20, and going to college.

I had chronic sinusitis for a few years before I had fibro, so I know where you're coming from. Indeed the sinusitis is still present so I am facing 2 chronic illnesses currently. While annoying, the sinusitis doesn't affect me nearly as much as the CF does.

Jess,
Welcome to the forum. My heart goes out to you with all your chronic conditions and I am glad to hear you make it through your last bout of illness.
I hope you will join in here and read the posts and articles, and the blogs, for information, as well as, a chance to make new friends and to learn some new coping skills.

A forum such as this one is wonderful because we truly understand what your going through and can offer support and tell what worked for us or didn't so you can make better decisions regarding your health.

Please start posting and I hope you will find ways to make your life a bit more comfortable and less painful. :)

Hi Jess, I also suffer from some of the chronic illnesses you mentioned (IBS, migraine, asthma, PCOS, colitis, GERD, etc), so I understand you perfectly! Dealing with so many chronic diseases is hard, I also started having symptoms really young :( I can do nothing but wish you good luck! Another thing i can do for you is to stay around, if you are looking for any info in particular you can just explore the forum, I'm sure you will find what you are looking for over here. You need to learn more about coping, it will come in handy! Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back